PSA about PEC Pots

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Billy Batz

Re: PSA about PEC Pots

Post by Billy Batz »

HeeBGB wrote:Well the PEC's shaft is a little longer but it's usable. With Alphas I can actually make the knob hit the faceplate. With the PEC's you will have maybe 1/16th to 1/8th of space depending on the type of knob you are using.

If you're coming to the ampfest this weekend I can show you one installed in my Express clone!
No thats cool. I was worried they were the really long shafts that are like 2".

Hey Greg sorry I didnt get back to you abou tthe ebay thing. Ive been so busy here this weekend. I would definitely do that for you. Without a doubt but I just think theres no way I can make the ampfest. If I knew someone around me who was going Id send an amp up for you guys that day but if I went I literally would only be able to stay 5 minutes then go. Thats even assuming everyone will be there right when it starts.
Dan
David Root

Post by David Root »

Take a look on the PEC website, they have a distributor list if I remember right. Precision Electronic Components Ltd.

I have used both the RV4 Clarostat made in Mexico pots from Dave West and the RV4 PEC made in Canada from Digikey. Both are very good but I think overall I prefer the PEC, they seem a tad heavier and have a slightly smoother feel to them. However they are about a buck more than the Clarostats.
paulruby

Post by paulruby »

HeeBGB wrote:
Billy Batz wrote: Im not deciphering the Data Sheet that well. Are the shaft lengths on those super long?
Well the PEC's shaft is a little longer but it's usable. With Alphas I can actually make the knob hit the faceplate. With the PEC's you will have maybe 1/16th to 1/8th of space depending on the type of knob you are using.

If you're coming to the ampfest this weekend I can show you one installed in my Express clone!
It's actually he bushing that is a bit longer rather than the shaft. I use thse pots all the time and use a couple lock washers inside the chassis to pull the pots inside a bit and then the knobs will sit flush on the faceplate.

As an aside, getting your knos flush to the faceplate can be important because it protects the pots from damage in the event the knob gets whacked. The back of the pot can be knocked clear off if the knob gets hit and there is space for it to move in against the faceplate.
Finom1

Post by Finom1 »

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have the link to the RV4 PEC website for the PEC LIN & Audio pots made in Canada?

Is the Ohmite CLU1052 same as the PEC???

Or
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... e=octopart
Manufacturer

NTE Electronics, Inc

Manufacturer Product Number

501-0019

Description

POT 1M OHM 2W CARBON LINEAR

Detailed Description

1M Ohm 1 Gang Linear Panel Mount Potentiometer None 1.0 Kierros Carbon 2W Solder Lug

I have some information to share:
https://www.verical.com/pd/ohmite-trimm ... e=octopart
Ohmite CLU1052

Res POT 1M Ohm 2W 1(Elec)/1(Mech)Turn 6.35mm (31.78 X 29.4mm) Solder Lug Panel Mount
Product Length (mm):
31.78(mm)
Operating Temp Range:
-55C to 120C
Product Diameter (mm):
Not Required(mm)
Rad Hardened:
No
Failure Rate:
Not Required
Type:
Potentiometer