couple questions

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

kindred

couple questions

Post by kindred »

im just working out a parts list, if sombody dosnt mind would you please check if i got my numbers correct (kelly'90schem). im notoriously bad at this part haha. ive got a bit of obsessive compulsive in that everything usualy has to be all laid out nicely. i still have yet to get all the values worked out for the different types of caps and resistors, and i dont have tube sockets/switches/tubes etc included yet either but i can work that out later. this is kind of the mind boggeling part with all the different values, so easy to miss sompthing :shock:

50pf - 1
100pf - 1
500pf - 2
.002uf - 1
.02uf - 4
.1uf - 3
10uf/100v - 2
20uf/450v - 3
22uf(cathode) - 2
40uf/450v - 3

470r/1w - 1
1k/5w - 2
1k/25w - 1
1.5k - 3
2.7k - 1
9100r(9.1k)/2w - 4
10k - 1
10k/1w - 1
15k - 1
47k - 1
82k - 1
100k - 6
150k - 1
220k - 3
470k/3w - 1
1m - 3

1n4007 - 11

also a couple more questions
-wich pots are linear and wich are log?
-there seems to be alot of diode rectifiers in this design. im curious as to what the ones from pins 3 on each el34 to ground do in this design, and while were at it why are there 3 to each tube? (i just noticed that these diodes are only incuded in the kelly schem)

ps sombody should realy post a nice finished parts list with the various reccomended types (or part #'s) for all the components. sources and alternatives for things like the pvc caps and whatnot would probably be helpfull too.

thanks for the help, still a bit of a newb so a little long, sorry.
Elcabong

Re: couple questions

Post by Elcabong »

kindred wrote: also a couple more questions
-wich pots are linear and wich are log?
-there seems to be alot of diode rectifiers in this design. im curious as to what the ones from pins 3 on each el34 to ground do in this design, and while were at it why are there 3 to each tube? (i just noticed that these diodes are only incuded in the kelly schem)
- The only log pot is the volume and it is shown as 1MA on the schematic. The "A" stands for Audio which is the same as log.

- The diodes acts as a protection in case a load is not connected to the output. You may go without them but... better be safe than be sorry.