TW Faceplate?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Lonely Raven

TW Faceplate?

Post by Lonely Raven »

Update! See Post #13 for photos!

Anyone have a spare Trainwreck Express faceplate I can have? Any spare one you have that would fit the ceriatone chassis. I have a project that might help us all with custom faceplates, but I need a faceplate to build up a template.

It doesn't have to be pretty, can be wood or plastic, as long as I can use it as a guide to build a digital template. In fact, I think I should be able to return it when I'm done...but just in case it would be great if it's a keeper so I have it as reference. I'll pay shipping if that helps.

I'm just trying to save myself from having to order a faceplate from Nik, which would take a couple weeks to get here and cost too much because of shipping.

PM or E-mail me: LonelyRaven@hotmail.com
Last edited by Lonely Raven on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
UR12

Re: TW Faceplate?

Post by UR12 »

PM me. I already have a digital layout in Correl that I can send you. Jeanne at BnP lasers also has one made up and you can order from her pretty quickly.
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

Thanks Dana, PM sent!
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

Can onyone tell me how thick of a faceplate can be used on the Trainwreck? How thick are the wood ones? 1/16th? Can 1/8th be used?

Thanks!
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
Richie

Post by Richie »

1/16"... you can use 1/8" But, you have to use pots,jacks and switches with the longer shank on them. The standard size bushing won't work on the 1/8" panels.
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

That's what I was afraid of. The only stock I could find locally was 1/8th inch.

Well, at least it will be good for practice. :)

Thanks for the info.

~Eric~
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

I just had some custom ones made by Nik that look like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

That's kinda cool.

Well, if all works out, I'll be able to make us some faceplates. :)

If I can get back to work today, (my day off) I'll do a test run using the files provided by some members here and one I drew up myself. :twisted:
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
mumford

Post by mumford »

If you still need one, PM me-- I've been hoping to get a non-gold one.
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

I happen to be at work working on this now. Having software issues.

I have Adobe Illustrator at home, and I worked up my own faceplates from some dimensional drawings provided by a forum member...but apparently this version of Corel Draw will work with every version of Illustrator files...except Illustrator CS3 apparently.

The file that Dana provided looks right, but is showing a heaight of 2.5 inches, and is messing two lines that form the rectangle of the faceplate. So it's not working exactly as I thought.

Are the faceplates 2" or 2.5". The two drawings I have show different things!

oh wait! don't we have directions in the files section for how to make a TW cab? I bet it's got dimensions there for the faceplate.
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
mdroberts1243

Post by mdroberts1243 »

Lonely Raven wrote:I happen to be at work working on this now. Having software issues.

I have Adobe Illustrator at home, and I worked up my own faceplates from some dimensional drawings provided by a forum member...but apparently this version of Corel Draw will work with every version of Illustrator files...except Illustrator CS3 apparently.

The file that Dana provided looks right, but is showing a heaight of 2.5 inches, and is messing two lines that form the rectangle of the faceplate. So it's not working exactly as I thought.

Are the faceplates 2" or 2.5". The two drawings I have show different things!

oh wait! don't we have directions in the files section for how to make a TW cab? I bet it's got dimensions there for the faceplate.
The faceplate I have from Nik is 1/32" shy of 2" and about 1/8" shy of 17" long. The input jack is centred 1" from the left edge, then the six holes (input, bright, volume, treble, mid, bass) are 1 1/8" apart. Presence is 2" away from bass. Standby, power, and pilot are spaced 1" apart, with pilot centred 1" from the right edge.
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

That sounds right on with one of my drawings, Mark. Thanks!

I have my first plate cut out, I'll take photos after I get some dinner.
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
UR12

Post by UR12 »

It is supposed to be 2 ". the one I sent you was 2.5 . :oops: It was one that I used on my Liverpool combo build and I forgot about having to make it 2.5. Just take 1/4" from the top and bottom and you should be good to go.
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

Photos!

Sorry the images are kinda foggy. I just brought the Nikon in from the cold. I'll take better photos after everything thaws out and I have some more time.

[img:800:531]http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p501003073-4.jpg[/img]

[img:800:531]http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p527270416-4.jpg[/img]
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None
Lonely Raven

Post by Lonely Raven »

UR12 wrote:It is supposed to be 2 ". the one I sent you was 2.5 . :oops: It was one that I used on my Liverpool combo build and I forgot about having to make it 2.5. Just take 1/4" from the top and bottom and you should be good to go.
It's OK Dana. I only ruined one piece because the measurements were off, but the mistake helped me figure out some other stuff with the software. Once I get this dialed in where my picky ass is happy with it, I'm confident I can make some quality faceplates. I also figure out a way to get 1/8" stock to work.

Tell me if this does't sound like it would work:

I'll use 1/8" stock, but I use the laser to counter sink the washers and nuts to 1/16"! Rockin' idea me thinks!

Some better photos...I still need to sand seal this faceplate but hear ya are:

[img:800:531]http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p358118595-4.jpg[/img]

[img:800:531]http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p368270725-4.jpg[/img]

[img:800:531]http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p409758415-4.jpg[/img]
Jack of all Trades,
Master of None