A Trainwreck-Style two-knobs amp (just in the cradle)

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Amwatts

Re: A Trainwreck-Style two-knobs amp (just in the cradle)

Post by Amwatts »

So I did a bit of experimenting and have found the settings I like , Kens original 150k is pretty much spot on (of course he got it right) . When turning down the guitars volume it stays clear and doesn't lose the top end , the gain is very cool, not fizzy but a great crunchy overdrive , more than enough for my style of blues rock .

I'm thinking the Jupiter Ceramic will improve it even more .... I'm digging this amp

I may play with the bias cap on v1b at some stage , head down the Marshall path , and will try out some of Roberto original suggestions from his project .... Thinking of doing a 6L6 version ...
Mini Wreck.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Post by Mark »

47K seems a bit low to me, I would put a 500K pot in there and see what happens. I suspect 150K is about right, but how will you know what right is unless you go too far?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Amwatts

Post by Amwatts »

Mark wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:08 am 47K seems a bit low to me, I would put a 500K pot in there and see what happens. I suspect 150K is about right, but how will you know what right is unless you go too far?
I like the idea, might try 150k resistor and play with the pot value
Amwatts

Post by Amwatts »

Mark wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:08 am 47K seems a bit low to me, I would put a 500K pot in there and see what happens. I suspect 150K is about right, but how will you know what right is unless you go too far?
I went 1M linear , but it changed the feel too much , lost something , didn't increase gain or drive so I went back to 100k , that's the sweet spot for my ears
ChopSauce

Post by ChopSauce »

Thanks for sharing the results of your experiments. Your cab is gorgeous, by the way ... :shock: