My Second Express Build - In progress

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mobisimo

Re: My Second Express Build - In progress

Post by mobisimo »

Hey Omar,

I was checkin out Allied for the Mallory caps and they don't seem to carry some of the electrolytics, namely the 22uf. How did you come by these for your build?

Aaron
Omar

Post by Omar »

Aaron,
I based my build off the Kelly schematic that shows three 20/450V in the power supply. That should be part number TC75. Here is the link on Allied:

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/Produc ... &DESC=TC75

Let me know if you need more info.

Omar
Tone by misadventure
mobisimo

Post by mobisimo »

Ah, my mistake. I was actually wondering about the 22uf/25v caps on the cathodes in the preamp. I remember now that you used a different type. I'm hoping to build an amp based off the Rocket and I'd like to use Mallorys throughout just for consistency. The Komet has them in there so I'm just gonna keep looking. I'll post back here if I find a supplier.

Aaron
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

While it's not a Rocket, if you look at the Franchesca pics, you'll see Ken didnt use Mallory their either...
Richie

Post by Richie »

I "think" those are Rubycon caps. Although i don't know if you can still find those. And as of late i have seen many having problems with the Rubycon in PCs.. I have also of late,not had good luck with the atom Sprague caps. I have been useing the blue BC componet caps.. and really like those. I believe Mouser or Digikey has those.. Also Nichicon might be close to those Rubycon caps.

Richie
Last edited by Richie on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mobisimo

Post by mobisimo »

Indeed. I thought it said rubycon on the caps in francesca. I could barely make it out. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll give those other caps a try.

Aaron