THIS THING LOOK LEGIT TO YOU?!?!?!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dayn

Re: THIS THING LOOK LEGIT TO YOU?!?!?!

Post by dayn »

Looks to have a GT sticker on the back of the chassis confirming the GT connection on these modded Fenders.

Just curious, how much is "not much" $?
Mr Matty T

Post by Mr Matty T »

Seems to me the "fender chassis" amps were created due to the inability to make his own chassis and cabs. I believe all the great amp makers started using someone else's amps chassis to start off. Its not like you can just make a metal chassis without the proper tooling. These guys were wizards or circuitry and tone not metal and woodwork. Plus these fender amps were readily available for next to nothing in the 80s... I believe you could pick up a 70s twin for around $200.00 My point being... Do not doubt the amps quality or tonality just cuz its in a fender chassis. You know... the whole book by its cover thang!
Mr Matty T

Post by Mr Matty T »

dayn wrote:Looks to have a GT sticker on the back of the chassis confirming the GT connection on these modded Fenders.

Just curious, how much is "not much" $?

If i told you how much... it would break your heart. :wink:
Structo

Post by Structo »

How about some gut shots?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Chad

Post by Chad »

Structo wrote:How about some gut shots?
That would be cool to see some pics because of that amp being before Ken made his own. How about it Mr. Matty :D Chad
leaveitalone84

Post by leaveitalone84 »

Soundclips would be cool. I would like to see how Ken's idea of perfect guitar tone changed over the years.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dear Matty

I suppose the question to ask is what do all the knobs do?

We all know the Express amp has volume, treble, middle, bass and presence, so how does this amp differ from an Express (besides the obvious)?

I still stand by my original statement, that if this amp was a favoured amp by Ken Fischer then the Express chassis would have had a lot more knobs on it.

I dare say the ball is in your court, MP-3's and JPEG's would help in eliminating doubt, but some people are funny. Marshall owners are only too happy to show you gut shots while Trainwreck owner seem to feel there's a map to the "Holy Grail" in there and they haven't seen it yet. Still each to their own.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
leaveitalone84

Post by leaveitalone84 »

Mark wrote:Dear Matty

I suppose the question to ask is what do all the knobs do?

We all know the Express amp has volume, treble, middle, bass and presence, so how does this amp differ from an Express (besides the obvious)?

I still stand by my original statement, that if this amp was a favoured amp by Ken Fischer then the Express chassis would have had a lot more knobs on it.

I dare say the ball is in your court, MP-3's and JPEG's would help in eliminating doubt, but some people are funny. Marshall owners are only too happy to show you gut shots while Trainwreck owner seem to feel there's a map to the "Holy Grail" in there and they haven't seen it yet. Still each to their own.
Wait, you mean there isn't a map? :shock:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Wait, you mean there isn't a map? Shocked
Yeah for the amount of money these amps go for secondhand you should get to have the Holy Grail for at least a week and get guitar lessons from Jimi Hendrix!

$20K+ is a lot of money for an amp!
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
benoit

Post by benoit »

Mark wrote:
Yeah for the amount of money these amps go for secondhand you should get to have the Holy Grail for at least a week and get guitar lessons from Jimi Hendrix!

LOL if jimi was alive you probably COULD buy his setup and have enough left over to book him for a half hour.
leaveitalone84

Post by leaveitalone84 »

benoit wrote:
Mark wrote:

LOL if jimi was alive you probably COULD buy his setup and have enough left over to book him for a half hour.
Jimi was cool enough that if you asked he probably would just show up and jam free of charge. He'd probably just want some haze.... :twisted:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Call me cynical, but where has Mr Matty gone, when there are so many unanswered questions ?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Mr Matty T

Post by Mr Matty T »

Mark wrote:Call me cynical, but where has Mr Matty gone, when there are so many unanswered questions ?

Sorry guys... I was out of town. I would be glad to post some audio clips. It sounds wonderful like all of KWs amps... The mods include a slave out, a boost (footswitch controlled) and reverb drive (dwell). Its very gainy but not like an express. It also has a 1/2 power switch and a EL84/6L6 switch. Check back after a while for the sound clips.

Cheers,
Mark

Post by Mark »

Well it's good to see you back Matty. Look forward to the clips and maybe some closer pictures if the amp.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

bump