New TW site is up....

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Allynmey
Site Admin

New TW site is up....

Post by Allynmey »

Update....thank you Stephen for fixing the site.
Last edited by Allynmey on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
nickt

Re: New TW site is up....

Post by nickt »

Allynmey wrote:Too bad the author has no manners and is a revisionist. Another "good friend" of Ken looking for his 15 minutes.....

Read the clones section....what a loser!
Link? or am I missing the point?
Distortion

Post by Distortion »

nickt wrote:
Allynmey wrote:Too bad the author has no manners and is a revisionist. Another "good friend" of Ken looking for his 15 minutes.....

Read the clones section....what a loser!
Link? or am I missing the point?
There is a thread on the Gear Page regarding the site.
Here is a link

http://www.trainwreck.com/
nickt

Post by nickt »

Thanks Distortion - think I saw this site yonks ago. Don't think it's exactly "new".
leaveitalone84

Post by leaveitalone84 »

Wow that guy sucks.

That new "clones, clones, clones" section is so inflamatory.
Distortion

Post by Distortion »

nickt wrote:Thanks Distortion - think I saw this site yonks ago. Don't think it's exactly "new".
The site isn't new, but it has been updated with new material.
I have to wonder about the author :roll:
redtoploader

Post by redtoploader »

http://www.trainwreck.com/clones.html

wow, what a piece of work.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Wouldn't it be fun if they had a forum over there?! :twisted:

We're the heirs to Ken's legacy. Otherwise the 100 original Wrecks will trade among maybe 100 lucky owners until some little Asian guy with deep pockets buys ALL of them.

Truth is there are some very good clones out there. They look real, they sound real. The rest, as they say is revisionist history or simply absolute bullshit.
moj067

Post by moj067 »

Wow, I thought everyone involved with the memorial amp did a really classy job.
I can't believe he lumps all cloners are in it for profit or gain.
I believe "inspired by" is a fitting term for these amps and does respect to someone only a fraction of players knew about a few years ago.
Build one and one will have even more respect to how he pulled off the balancing act these amps are.
Last edited by moj067 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Edited as a thank you.

Allyn
Last edited by Allynmey on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

Allynmey wrote:I will say it here and everywhere... I have never met such a group of classless people in my life as all the "family and friends" of KF. It is no wonder why he was not a "public" person.

I know this will sit hard with a few here. It is a hard truth though. The only true friend of Ken I have met through this whole ordeal was CPA (Hubie). He is a true gentleman.
Well, that's "Noo Joisy" for ya! I should know, I'm a motorcycle mechanic / electronics tech originally from New Jersey. Where have we seen that combination before?

"No class"? Lotta that goin' around. Lack of integrity is becoming The American Way, what passes for honesty these days is bein' less of a liar than all the other liars out there. I expect it will get worse before it gets better.
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

Wow, that is a load of BS....

All I know is that I have learned more about amps in the past few months via building an Express than I knew from many years of fooling around with Fenders. That happening is because of the open and sharing nature of the guys on this board.

Yeah, I'm building a clone, so I guess I'm lumped in with all the other "lowlifes" per this Clown's assertions. I never met KF, never talked with him and can't claim another association.... but, in the process of dissecting Ken's creation, I've discovered so many bits of pure genius via his design and construction methods. And I'd bet that he'd find that miracle of discovery more than just a little cool... he wanted to be thought of as a mentor, and that's exaclty how I feel about him.

Why waste any mental energy on guys like this- or even dignify their existence with your time or energy?

Ron
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

I was part of the group that donated parts to the Memorial Amp. I am not selling amps at all, let alone Ken's designs. I just wanted to do something nice for his family. As Allyn said these people are truely classless. AND I am from NJ Casey so watch it bub! LOL!

Bottom line is that I really don't care what these people have to say. I know what my intentions were and I can hold my head high. Unlike Alan Phillips of Carol Ann who has to justify himself. Very convenient that you justify your own cloning Alan. You did it for profit and continue to do so with Dumble designs and now you want to condemn others that do that too. Apparently, as long as you parrot the family's anti-cloning mantra you can clone away with impunity.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Unlike Alan Phillips of Carol Ann who has to justify himself
Might be nice to talk to Alan at the NY amp show in may. I don't know where the guy from that site got his info, but hes got it all wrong.
Last edited by Richie on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

HeeBGB wrote:I am from NJ Casey so watch it bub! LOL!
Come to think of it there are a busload of amp builders from New Jersey. That's fitting, think of the electronics industry that used to be in New Jersey. Before there was a silicon valley New Jersey would have passed for the Tungsten Valley starting in Hoboken and workin' its way down to somewhere in the middle of the state. Count 'em, Emerson used to be there, Bendix was there, Ampeg was there, Astron was over in Newark, Danelectro used to be there, I think Westinghouse had a big plant over in Kearny. That's just off the top of my head.

Of course Andy is in New Jersey and he's crankin' out amps the wannabes wish they were buildin'!
HeeBGB wrote:Unlike Alan Phillips of Carol Ann who has to justify himself. Very convenient that you justify your own cloning Alan.
Yeah, these foreigners who come over and rip off our designs! Stick to Marshall and Vox, bud! :lol:

Alan says he's been at it for 20 years. I've been at it for 30 years. Nyah, nyah! :twisted:

"Master electronics engineer" reminds me of a certain modifier of Valve Juniors. :evil:

I looked at his site, blue type on a lavender background. Glad I don't have a hangover today! :lol:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =166840708

Ooh, yuck... I just caught the MySpace angle. More flashbacks to that VJ guy. Wrong coast, though.
Last edited by CaseyJones on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.