Faceplate Graphics

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jon

Faceplate Graphics

Post by jon »

Hey Guys I finally joinded the board after lurking for quite some time. Let me introduce myself I'm Jon.

I have the destinction of aranging Francesca to be photographed by Greg and Allyn.

I've been looking at the pics from the old trainwreck site and there seems to be no pattern to wheather or not the controls were labeled, or was there.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: Faceplate Graphics

Post by HeeBGB »

jon wrote:Hey Guys I finally joinded the board after lurking for quite some time. Let me introduce myself I'm Jon.

I have the destinction of aranging Francesca to be photographed by Greg and Allyn.

I've been looking at the pics from the old trainwreck site and there seems to be no pattern to wheather or not the controls were labeled, or was there.
Guys I really don't know who this guy is or what he is talking about. I arranged for the Francesca pics.

Just kidding! Jon is in fact the guy who got us Francesca on my bench for pics and some playing time. I also had to clean her pots but that's another story.

Welcome to the forum Jon....Now go home :mrgreen:
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

jon wrote:Hey Guys I finally joinded the board after lurking for quite some time. Let me introduce myself I'm Jon.

Greg...Do you know this guy??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jon Check your e-mail

Allynmey

BTW, I was trolling Lowes today in the wood section and struck gold! I couldn't believe it. This is the wood I picked up and will be my new TW cabinet. With matching faceplate no less!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Jon

Welcome to the board and a huge thanks for getting your hands on Franchesca and allowing Allyn and Greg to document everything.

The controls were clearly labeled V T M B P

V= Vavoooom
T= TOOO much
M= Man-o-man
B= Beautiful
P= Part your hair

Allyn

Those face plates look great!!!! 8) BTW you got mail

Greg

Could you please email me @ ilb_ur12@dbzmail.com. I've got some stuff coming your way.........
JoeV

Post by JoeV »

Did KF use a soldering iron to do the faceplates? It's like the wood burning projects in shop in 8th grade! Remember those?

I've not done it yet, but I'm pretty sure we can laser engrave onto wood if anyone is looking to try it. Give me a yell and we can work up a design....
JoeV
www.amplates.com
Custom Faceplates for DIY Guitar Amps
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

I believe his former sister in law did the woodburning work... The info used to be up on the old defunct trainwreck.com site...
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

JoeV wrote:Did KF use a soldering iron to do the faceplates? It's like the wood burning projects in shop in 8th grade! Remember those?

I've not done it yet, but I'm pretty sure we can laser engrave onto wood if anyone is looking to try it. Give me a yell and we can work up a design....
Hi Joe, I'll give it a try. I can make some wood faceplates and send them to you for laser etching a design. What do you think? I just made a test run for my 18 watt Lite IIB. I made some quick Cherry faceplates and back plates and used amber shellac to seal them. Heres a pic...

Allynmey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.