The Topic of "Flea's"

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

The Topic of "Flea's"

Post by HeeBGB »

So I am searching high and low for fleas. I think I found 4 pack's at an electronics shop in the mid-west. I bought them and I am waiting for them to come in. I'll let you guys know if they are correct!

I also find a Texas A&M university webpage that lists them as part of their stock in the bio department. So I find the number and call and ask if they will sell to me. They are only supposed to transfer between departments. I also explain that I can't get them anywhere. The guy goes to check stock and comes back to tell me that yes I do have them in stock but I won't sell them to you. OK, then why did you check stock if you won't sell them to me? You could have told me that without checking stock! Then he tells me to go check Radio Shack for some breadboarding stuff! What a tool!
UR12

Re: The Topic of "Flea's"

Post by UR12 »

Greg

You must be living right or something. :lol: Those things are impossible to find. 4 packs should be enough to do 1.999 amps. There are about 52 clips per amp in the Express and mine came in packs of 25. So if you got the same thing I got there should be about 100 there. I have a hand full of used ones (about 6) if you need a few more to finish that 2nd amp. They can be cleaned up nicely.

I had done the same google on the part number and found the Univerity link. I just figured it was not worth the effort to contact them. That college dude now probably thinks that those things are worth something and they will probably end up on ebay. :lol:

Congrats on the score!!!!!
mac0611

Post by mac0611 »

what the heck are fleas?
UR12

Post by UR12 »

mac0611 wrote:what the heck are fleas?
These be fleas........

http://maximoaudio.com/forum/files/dscn0756_542.jpg

They were the terminals used instead of turrets on the TW perfboards
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

UR12 wrote:Greg

You must be living right or something. :lol: Those things are impossible to find. 4 packs should be enough to do 1.999 amps. There are about 52 clips per amp in the Express and mine came in packs of 25. So if you got the same thing I got there should be about 100 there. I have a hand full of used ones (about 6) if you need a few more to finish that 2nd amp. They can be cleaned up nicely.

I had done the same google on the part number and found the Univerity link. I just figured it was not worth the effort to contact them. That college dude now probably thinks that those things are worth something and they will probably end up on ebay. :lol:

Congrats on the score!!!!!
Hi Dana,

Did you get my last email? Any word on having fleas made?

I found those fleas in December. I called and they were supposed to get back to me if they were in stock. They never did so I called back today and they said they were waiting for me to call them. Anyway I got them. I found another place who's website lists two packs in stock but when they check the stock bin they are gone. I hope they are the correct ones. I used the part number you posted a while back.

Greg
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Greg I am at work and can't get to my email behind the firewall here. I won't be able to read it until I get home. I'll write you back then. If you used the part # I posted than they should be the right ones. That's just so cool that you found some. I have looked and called everywhere and haven't found any since I found these locally.
dobbhill

Post by dobbhill »

I don't know if this helps...I think these are the wrong size, but here's what I found:

Electronics Plus:

http://www.electronicplus.com/prodSearc ... =b6603-100

And Keystone page is attached.
D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

D

Yea these are the wrong size and the are made differently compared to what Ken Used. The holes in the board are .093". The bottom clips could be used but they won't look exactly the same and they don't have the right angle side piece for making connections in two or three different directions.

Thanks for trying though. You got my hopes up for a moment :lol:
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

WOOOO! WHOOOO! I had to go to Atlanta (actually La Grange, GA) over the weekend for business. I came into my office today to find the fleas on my desk. They ARE the correct ones!!