TrainMan/BassWreck

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

PaisleyTube

TrainMan/BassWreck

Post by PaisleyTube »

Hi all

Jelle, also from the Netherlands told me about this great forum.

Last thursday I did finish my Express-inspired amp (using a '71 Bassman head, MM 50 Watt plexi OT, rewired for 6k8 using two 6V6s, wooden front-panel with MXR style knobs and a post pi mv).
I couldn't stop playing, even with the mv below 1. Yesterday a customer did try the amp and he was also very pleased (he's very into mid to late 60s plexies). We were both wondering if it could cut through the mix so I brought it to a jamsession last night.
Did use a LP style guitar and a small slanted 80s Marshall 2x12" cab. Loud enough (mv below 7), the distortion is very clear, it was possible to play "jazz-chords" with the volume-control dimed. Lots of easy to get pinched harmonics and a tight low end.

Still more projects and amps near the bench. Hope to use the *umble topology for another amp asap with switchable boost and overdrive.

Thanks to Jelle!

Chris
UR12

Re: TrainMan/BassWreck

Post by UR12 »

Chris

Welcome to the site!!! OK "Express inspired", PPIMV, MXR Knobs..... That's just to cool. You got to tell us more about this amp or post some pics or clips. What part of the amp is taken from the Express?
PaisleyTube

Re: TrainMan/BassWreck

Post by PaisleyTube »

Hi Dana

No pics or clips yet...
Did use MXR knobs 'cause they sound better than chickenhead knobs (LOL).
Did use some smaller coupling caps/etc.

Chris