i Need help im my first layout

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

m.alexander

i Need help im my first layout

Post by m.alexander »

this is the (KM60) my parcial layout draw (for internal pics in Trainwreck Files), but i need help to find the schematics to finish my draw 8) :wink: )

sorry my poor english

thanks !!!

Alex
Last edited by m.alexander on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Marks Amp
m.alexander

Re: i Need help im my first layout

Post by m.alexander »

to all ...

I need the voltage used in the b+ center of the output
trafo,but i can calculate all the stuff.The power trafo with the voltages on
high and low tensions.

thanks

Alex
Marks Amp
snide

Post by snide »

Alex....

From the komet .zip file,

"The following text comes right from Ampage and the twreck forum...

The split load is part of the second stage after the tone stack. The basics are Marshall style first stage (.68/2.7k) tone stack typical trainwreck values (100k slope, 500p treble cap, .02 for mid and bass, 250k for treble and bass pot, 25k mid pot) then typical fender recover stage after eq (25 uf/1.5k) with the split load (22k to b+ and 82 to plate) a .1 uf switches between the split or normal points. Then we have the third stage with the 10k cathode resistor, add to this a hefty supply and the ol Torres doide trick to the
preamp supplies and there you have it!

Sounds very close to an Express. In fact, someone can make the first stage cathode bypass cap switchable between .68uF and 22uF and then you could call it the Express/Komet switch!

Yep there is a cut control (.0047uf/250k). The Komet does use a choke. The B+ is around 466v on the EL34 plates. The interstage coupling caps are different on the Komet and Express, so are the Feedback resistors (47k on the Komet) so it would be a bit difficult to make a true Komet/express switch, but you should be able to get close enough for "rock and roll".

If you want to be able to switch output tubes I would try a 50 watt OT with a primary from 4000 to 5000, this would give you a few options (6l6, el34, 6550). Output transformers all sound so damn different and there is no telling what sounds just like the komet OT..try your luck, and get something you know sounds BIG, the Komet had balls to spare.

There is a 33k grid stopper on the first stage, the second stage uses a .1uf off the plate (split load)which flows to a 220k (series) resistor to grid (of the third stage)and a 330k goes to ground forming a voltage divider."

Eric
m.alexander

Post by m.alexander »

Thanks Eric !!! :wink:

.... next step build a Komet 60 :twisted: 8)
Marks Amp
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

I'm in this project! :D Actually a couple of us are doing one for personal use! Maybe this can be the next group project!

Allynmey
m.alexander

Post by m.alexander »

Allynmey wrote:I'm in this project! :D Actually a couple of us are doing one for personal use! Maybe this can be the next group project!

Allynmey
cool!!!!!!! Good Lucky in this project :wink: very cool amp :twisted:

Alex
Marks Amp
jblues

Post by jblues »

i read for marshall trannies ken like the heyboer output trannies ...i have heybour plexi trannies in my marshal 1987 clone it's the closest ive heard to original... the express wants like 6k impediance trannies output the komet uses less like 5k i think more volume but the schematic shows more bass introduced and some treble dumped between stages ...so not as much trebble gets to the trannie like in the express.