Here goes!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Jeph

Here goes!

Post by Jeph »

Hi all, good to see many familiar names around here. I was pushed into an Express build by the 18watt folks (no, not really, the clips/vids did me in). I'll be starting a Kelly build as soon as all the goodies arrive at my door.

Only a couple questions to get started: what kind of speakers do y'all like for this amp? I'm planning on building an oversized 2x12 cab. I'd also like to get BNP to cut a logo similar to the original 'Wreck logo. Does anyone know what font was used?
MarkB

Re: Here goes!

Post by MarkB »

UR12

Post by UR12 »

Welcome aboard Jeph!! I have no idea regarding the font. I got to hear my Express through a couple of Mesa 1 x 12 cabs last weekend and A/B them with an old acoustic 4 x 12 cab. The 2 x 12s sounded great but I really liked the sound of the 4 x 12's bottom end. :D My son's lead player will be using the amp in a large club through a Sovtek 4 x 12 this Thursday night. I am going to try and videotape it but won't promise anything.
Jeph

Post by Jeph »

Thanks. Mark, I did read that, but was looking for more personal experiences. Right now I think I'm leaning towards a couple Heritage G12Hs , until someone moves me the other way ;) I might go with a full 4x12 cab size but cut baffles for two speakers initially, since I'm on a budget. Dana, video would be great!
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Jeph check the posts for a member named Geetarpicker. He posted video of his TW with a 4X12 cab. He video'd a strat and a Les Paul for comparison.

Allynmey

nevermind...here they are:

http://maximoaudio.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

nevermind...the links are dead. I have them on my hard drive but their big. I can make you a cd if you like.
Jeph

Post by Jeph »

Hey Allyn! I've got those vids on my work and home pcs. I grabbed 'em when they were posted on the LPF. I like to watch 'em in the morning with a nice cup o' coffee. It makes for a great wake-me-up :)
MGW

Post by MGW »

I have yet to see them...somebody get em to me and I'll post em permanently on my server for everyone.
It's all about the tone!
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

MGW wrote:I have yet to see them...somebody get em to me and I'll post em permanently on my server for everyone.
E-mail me your address to:

allynmey at aol dot com

Allynmey
Omar

Post by Omar »

I'll put the videos in the Files section tonight when I get home. Not enough bandwidth here at work.

Omar
Tone by misadventure
MGW

Post by MGW »

That'd be great Omar...if you need me to host a couple of them for bandwidth purposes, lemme know.
It's all about the tone!
Omar

Post by Omar »

Thanks for offering to host the files, but our bandwidth usage has gotten better since I turned off automatically displaying pictures.

Omar
Tone by misadventure
Omar

Post by Omar »

Videos have been posted in the Trainwreck Files section. I renamed the thread "Media - mp3's and videos". First four links are the awesome videos by geetarpicker.

Enjoy!

Omar
Tone by misadventure
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Thanks for hosting the videos there. I had a relative post them for me, but something happened with them. Glad to know someone saved them and found a place to post them. Hopefully sometime soon I'll redo the videos with improved audio. I have some nice studio mics and a computer DAW, just need to find a way to sync up the video with the audio from another source instead of the crappy camera mic.

Cheers!

Geetapicker
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

Omar,

The 4th link - strat2 - is incorrect. It points to strat1.

Michael