anyone know what's up with 18 watt?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

BigGator

Re: anyone know what's up with 18 watt?

Post by BigGator »

Somehow I missed the thread on 18 (I try to check it daily)..

Why is nobody willing to mention the names of the vendors in question - I'd like to know who's being an idiot, so I can choose whether or not to give them my business.

It sounds like what happened a while back on Aron's Stompbox Forum.. a guy hung out, sucked up all the knowledge of Big Muffs, mods for them, etc.. then came out with a tweaked-out version of the BMP for commercial sale, but refused to tell the forumites what mods/values/etc he used. He wasn't terribly popular over there.
"-)
Elcabong

Post by Elcabong »

I guess everybody is carefull not to mention any names now.

The best allusions I have seen so far were mentionning a "BBQ guy" as the victim and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillie_Langtry as the offender.

The real victim seem to be 18watt so far :cry:
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

Elcabong wrote:I guess everybody is carefull not to mention any names now.

The best allusions I have seen so far were mentionning a "BBQ guy" as the victim and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillie_Langtry as the offender.

The real victim seem to be 18watt so far :cry:
Alright I got the "BBQ guy"..........but Lillie Langtry??????? How bout another clue :roll:

Sorry that this has happened,I didn't post there alot but I had it in my daily rotation of sites I looked at.............real bummer

Hope all ends well, and the site re-opens soon :(
Thanks!!
Chris G
tiddles

Post by tiddles »

I don't think it will help to name names - if you know 18watt.com you can work it out quite easily from the thread at Trinity amps … most of the discussion here and elsewhere has been critical of both guys, so it would hardly help to name them here otherwise that will quickly turn into personal named criticism again. Main thing that worries me is the site is still down … that must be one heck of “clean up”, unless there’s still threats and arguments behind the scenes, which would be very disappointing for what was imho one the most friendly & grown up sites on the net (not to mention the most knowledgeable & informative). Just 2-cents of course :? .

Ian.
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

I AGREE 100%

:Why is nobody willing to mention the names of the vendors in question - I'd like to know who's being an idiot, so I can choose whether or not to give them my business.

Chris
tiddles

Post by tiddles »

I don't think it will help to name names - if you know 18watt.com you can work it out quite easily from the thread at Trinity amps … most of the discussion here and elsewhere has been critical of both guys, so it would hardly help to name them here otherwise that will quickly turn into personal named criticism again. Main thing that worries me is the site is still down … that must be one heck of “clean up”, unless there’s still threats and arguments behind the scenes, which would be very disappointing for what was imho one the most friendly & grown up sites on the net (not to mention the most knowledgeable & informative). Just 2-cents of course :? .

Ian.
tiddles

Post by tiddles »

Ian.
tiddles

Post by tiddles »

whoops, double post :oops: .
Last edited by tiddles on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loverocker

Post by loverocker »

tiddles wrote: ... Just 2-cents of course ...
You want 6c change, Mr?

;)
in the wilds of Borneo, and the vineyards of Bordeaux, Eskimo, Arapaho, move their bodies to and fro...
Richie

Post by Richie »

lets just say,it will be back soon.

Richie
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Chris,

The two in question are BBQ boy and JA. It really doesn't make much difference now. Things at 18 watt are changing. No one knows what the changes will bring. I try not to mention BBQ boy by name so as not to bring more threats to this forum. BBQ boy has proven to have a low tolerance for criticism! You know he visits here for info on his next kit right! :wink:
Chris G

Post by Chris G »

HeeBGB wrote:Chris,

The two in question are BBQ boy and JA. It really doesn't make much difference now. Things at 18 watt are changing. No one knows what the changes will bring. I try not to mention BBQ boy by name so as not to bring more threats to this forum. BBQ boy has proven to have a low tolerance for criticism! You know he visits here for info on his next kit right! :wink:
Thanks Greg, I've heard he has an express in the works, again I'm just curious.

By the way, just finnished a Matchless lighting clone for my friend........nice sounding amp......alittle to grity for me though....... I think I see a 100 watt plexi 12xxxx series as my next build........

Chris
tiddles

Post by tiddles »

Well …. Barry if you've got any spare change I guess that'd be handy :wink: .

Richie – that’s good to hear :) .

I didn’t even see the thread, so what do I know :roll: .

Ian.
Ps:- I had cause to plug in that old WEM Dom-111 today, crikey that amp is loud for 15watt :shock: .
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

What funny is i would have never seen "bbqboy" ahhhh now i get the name! haha was trying to figure it out...

anyway.. i have never seen him as the lawyer type.. always treated me well and took care of my orders...

As for the other scumbag, i hope he rots in hell.. got real old watching him whore himself out on any post he possibly could..

This whole situation REALLY REALLY pisses me off.. 18watt has been like a home to me lately.. i checked it constantly, and i miss it all the time (how sad is that :) )

So now bbqboy never gets another penny from me.. and i have stopped recommending his kits to people... and while i may only spend a few hundred a month myself... im sure others feel the same way.. it will bite him in the ass eventually..

P.S. OMAR make a "general BS" forum please:)

Disclaimer: The opinions in this reply are the views of the poster only, and in no way reflect the mods or admin of this forum, if you get mad send the lawyers at me.. i own nothing,, i have nothing... feel free to sue:)
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Icetech wrote:What funny is i would have never seen "bbqboy" ahhhh now i get the name! haha was trying to figure it out...

anyway.. i have never seen him as the lawyer type.. always treated me well and took care of my orders...

As for the other scumbag, i hope he rots in hell.. got real old watching him whore himself out on any post he possibly could..

This whole situation REALLY REALLY pisses me off.. 18watt has been like a home to me lately.. i checked it constantly, and i miss it all the time (how sad is that :) )

So now bbqboy never gets another penny from me.. and i have stopped recommending his kits to people... and while i may only spend a few hundred a month myself... im sure others feel the same way.. it will bite him in the ass eventually..

P.S. OMAR make a "general BS" forum please:)

Disclaimer: The opinions in this reply are the views of the poster only, and in no way reflect the mods or admin of this forum, if you get mad send the lawyers at me.. i own nothing,, i have nothing... feel free to sue:)
Icetech,

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am asking an honest question.

I simply don't know why so many people take exception to Rustboy (JA)! If he wants to "whore" himself why does that bother you so much? I ask because it never bothered me and I truly want to understand why others feel like this.

Greg