BOM sheet [build of materials]

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Richie

BOM sheet [build of materials]

Post by Richie »

Anyone done a BOM sheet for the express yet?
I know it might be hard to do,as for part numbers etc..but at least maybe just values and what is used.

Richie
Elcabong

Re: BOM sheet [build of materials]

Post by Elcabong »

If you are interested, I have made one in Excel. It is based on Kelly but I have added some lines indicating possible options ( think Trainflex ). I have also used different parts in some case like Mallory 150 caps.

It is certainly less work than starting from scratch.
hot_tube_tone

Post by hot_tube_tone »

Richie,

This is not a complete BOM, but it is getting close. All of the part numbers are from Mouser and the page number is in reference to thier catalog. I am not sure that the bias pot will work, and I have ordered a couple of extra parts. You will also need transformers, a chassis, turret board, and a cabinet.

Thanks,
Anthony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hot_tube_tone on Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Northeastern ky.. Ashland..

I have all the parts except the transformer,which i am having made,a bit different than the others that are used for this amp.

I was just wondering on the parts list [BOM] as to help others find what they need.

Richie
Legin

Post by Legin »

Anthony, on your BOM I notice you have ordered a 47K Linear pot for the presence control, my schematic says 4K7 or 5K Linear.
Nigel
hot_tube_tone

Post by hot_tube_tone »

Legin wrote:Anthony, on your BOM I notice you have ordered a 47K Linear pot for the presence control, my schematic says 4K7 or 5K Linear.
Nigel
Thanks Nigel my layout also calls for a 4K7 pot. I have updated the list. Also were did you source your bias pot? What would the voltage and wattage ratings need to be?
Legin

Post by Legin »

Interesting you ask that, I have been doing some thinking on that and I would like access to the bias pot without taking out the chassis from the case. I would like to be able to mark bias positions for 6V6 and EL34 amps and do quick tube swaps. At the moment I have ordered some 20K Lin trimpots.