Going to build an Express style amp need...

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

teleamp

Going to build an Express style amp need...

Post by teleamp »

Hey, I'm new to this forum, so hello everybody. I have decided to build an express clone. I have ordered a chassis (Ron Work). Anybody have reccomendations as to which schematic I should follow?

Thanks
Mike
Legin

Re: Going to build an Express style amp need...

Post by Legin »

I'm using A1b in conjunction with the photos. There are two mistakes on the schematic, the 470k bleeder resistor in the PS should be 2 x 100k 2w resistors in series and the bright switch shows a 10pf cap while other schematics shows a 100pf cap.
Nigel
UR12

Post by UR12 »

I agree with Legin the a1b (Kelly 90) is the way to go. I have built two now, the last one with all the right parts and it sounds fantastic. Just make sure you follow the layout from the pics and you shouldn't have any problems. But if you do there is a lot of help available here.
Last edited by UR12 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
doctord02

Post by doctord02 »

Maybe we need to be clear *which* A1b schemo we are talking about...

There is an A1b schemo in the wreckxpr.pdf files from Blue Guitar. There is also the Kelly'90 schematic that is labled A1b. These are two different schematics.

I'd go with the Kelly '90 version, since it matches up what was found inside Francesca.

Make sense?
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

doctord02 wrote:Maybe we need to be clear *which* A1b schemo we are talking about...

There is an A1b schemo in the wreckxpr.pdf files from Blue Guitar. There is also the Kelly'90 schematic that is labled A1b. These are two different schematics.

I'd go with the Kelly '90 version, since it matches up what was found inside Francesca.

Make sense?
I'm using Kelly '90 :D

Allynmey
teleamp

Thanks, I've started..

Post by teleamp »

Thanks for the input. I have started sourcing parts. I have some nice mahogny and I am going to build "Rosie", she'll be my first TW. I've made some faceplates, and will be working on the cab in the next few days.

Thanks for all the info.
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Re: Thanks, I've started..

Post by Allynmey »

teleamp wrote:Thanks for the input. I have started sourcing parts. I have some nice mahogny and I am going to build "Rosie", she'll be my first TW. I've made some faceplates, and will be working on the cab in the next few days.

Thanks for all the info.
Mike
Mahogany is nice. I just dug outa sheet of fiqured Walnut. I also found some curly maple. woohoo!

Looks like we got a lot of people building TW's these last weeks. We need a TW fest I think!

Allynmey
Legin

Post by Legin »

Mine is the Kelly 90
Nigel
teleamp

Post by teleamp »

I'll have mine at the Arlington TX guitar show in Oct. I'll have a booth, drop by and see me. Anybody here planning to attend.

Mike
Chris G

Re: Thanks, I've started..

Post by Chris G »

Allynmey wrote:
teleamp wrote:Thanks for the input. I have started sourcing parts. I have some nice mahogny and I am going to build "Rosie", she'll be my first TW. I've made some faceplates, and will be working on the cab in the next few days.

Thanks for all the info.
Mike
Mahogany is nice. I just dug outa sheet of fiqured Walnut. I also found some curly maple. woohoo!

Looks like we got a lot of people building TW's these last weeks. We need a TW fest I think!

Allynmey
Hi Allyn,
I would be down for a twreck only gathering.................might have a line on a site as well.......only problem is I'm in western N.Y. :)
Thanks
Chris
teleamp

Chassis Pics

Post by teleamp »

Just got my chassis today from RW, (he's fast). I've got the faceplate started. And, I decided to try the Mojo TW 35 transformer set. I'm going to use the Kelly schematic. I'm going to use Mallory 150 caps as I prefer them over the Orange drops.

here is the chassis and faceplate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richie

Post by Richie »

There are many types of Orange drops.. The ones in the Wreck amps are made very much like the mallory as in both are polyester caps.

The PVC mallory,and 6PS Sprague.. and probably the 225 series would be fine in this amp along with many more that are along the same style. But nothing wrong with useing the mallory 150,they should be fine.

Richie