Look ok so far?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martins3325

Look ok so far?

Post by martins3325 »

Well i almost got my board wired --except the 47pf cap which FedEx lost the shipment-- but aside from that does it look ok? Like ive posted before Im not an electronics guru but can usually copy what I see..and im trying to copy Francesca. I think ive used good parts. All Riken resistors and PVC and a couple 418P caps. See any glaring mistakes?

UR12

Re: Look ok so far?

Post by UR12 »

Martin

That looks great! I can't tell from the pic and you probably got them right but make sure you have your bypass caps (the silver ones) wired correctly. They are electrolytic and you need to make sure the minus side is going to ground and the + side going to the tubes. If you already knew that or you are using non polarized caps and they are wired properly then just disregard my comments and move on. Just wanted to make sure so you don't let the smoke out. :o Keep us posted on how it's going!

Dana
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

Thanks Dana. I was a little worried about those caps being wired right..Nice board by the way..wish they still made those fleas though! So i got those caps from Torres --along with a couple 418P's heres the ad:

"We have run across several boxes of these caps, all new in the box (ultra nice packaging too - each cap in a separate compartment!! they must have thought a lot of them when they were made!!)
These beautiful caps are found is some of the very best stuff from the 60's 70's and 80's - we have seen them in a few Fenders, but they have always been hard to come by. (the + side has a black insert)"

So the black insert is in the foreground in my pic..or facing you if the board was in front of you..so I think i got that right then it seems.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Sounds like you got them in right then. That's the only thing I had a question about. Everything else looks beautiful!

Dana