2w Sub Miniature Express

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

MCK

Re: 2w Sub Miniature Express

Post by MCK »

dayn wrote:2-watt TW/Dumble?
Sounds like a great idea!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:
dayn wrote:2-watt TW/Dumble?
Sounds like a great idea!
You mean kind of like this :lol:

Here is a pic of the speaker cab I have been testing. It's in the bottom right of the pic. I have it loaded with the Fane Medusa 150. I need to Tolex it but haven't decided on a color or grill

TW/Dumble on the left :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Great shot. The Lil Devil is a perfect match for the Thiele size cab on its side. Now about about a 2 channel subminiature along the lines discussed above? The name is ready IMHO... Twin Devil !!! :D
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

It'd have to get in line. Dana's been working on a JTM plexi-ish submini.

How's that going?
MCK

Post by MCK »

How about the DI addon? Any word on that? I read of some beta-testing going on... Can I get in?
UR12

Post by UR12 »

gearhead wrote:It'd have to get in line. Dana's been working on a JTM plexi-ish submini.

How's that going?

I am going to drastically change some things in regards to the board layout. I was hopeing to be able to build it on the same platform/chassis/cab I am using for the Lil Devil but this is restricting me on some features. I want 2 vol controls (One for each channel) so it looks like it is back to the drawing board for a new style chassis, new PCB design and a new Cab design. Look for prototype II when I get some time away from building Lil Devils.

MCK wrote:How about the DI addon? Any word on that? I read of some beta-testing going on... Can I get in?
I just got a chance to play with that a little last night. I am trying to get the new matching transformer installed in the adapter box and test it again this weekend. If I get good results this time I will have a couple for beta testing. I just got too many irons in the fire.

I have completely run out of PCBs for the Lil Devils and they wont be back in stock until 4/8 so maybe this will free me up to work on some different things for a change.
MCK

Post by MCK »

UR12 wrote: I am going to drastically change some things in regards to the board layout..
Hi Dana. Bought a ZVex Nano for kicks and turned out its a near little amp. Not Lil' Devil but still ok. Anyways reason for posting is that it came with a re-tubing adjustment kit which is really a piece of PCB with the sockets. I thought it was an interesting way they've achieved the flexibility you achieve with the DIP sockets. Let me know if you wish to see some close-ups. All the best.
moonbirdmusic

Late to the party -

Post by moonbirdmusic »

Hello kind sir -

Just happened on this thread. Will you be offering the Lil Devil PCB boards again at some point? Thanks in advance for your time.
moonbirdmusic
estes park, co
UR12

Re: Late to the party -

Post by UR12 »

moonbirdmusic wrote:Hello kind sir -

Just happened on this thread. Will you be offering the Lil Devil PCB boards again at some point? Thanks in advance for your time.
I have no plans at this time to sell kits or boards. That may change down the road but for now I am just selling assembled amps.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Hi Dana,

Its been some time since we last heard from you on the sub-miniature front. Hope you are doing great and all is well with your business. Can you give us an update if you get a chance on the new flavors of Lil' Devil?

All the best & thanks.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:Hi Dana,

Its been some time since we last heard from you on the sub-miniature front. Hope you are doing great and all is well with your business. Can you give us an update if you get a chance on the new flavors of Lil' Devil?

All the best & thanks.
I'm still at it. :lol: I have been just swamped lately with VVR and Lil Devil orders and just keeping up with that has kept me busy. This hasn't left much time for me to do many new projects. I am presently trying to finish up a new design for a 100 watt amp that has dual output sections and VVR. It's running a pair of 6L6s and a a pair of EL34s. Like having two seperate 50 watt heads in one amp. The power supply is the real cool part. Every voltage on ever tube will be independently adjustable to a preset fixed voltage in addition to being adjustable with the VVR and each 50 watt output section will have it's own seperate VVR to control output and seperate bias circuits. It's a monster.

I still have the Micro Plexi here that I am trying to finish the final board design on and may have to wait untill this fall before I have it for sale. My plan is to get a few boards made up and sell them as kits to the guys here on the forum first (like I did with the Lil Devil). I will probably only offer the finished amps after the first kits go out to amp garage members.

Lots of stuff going on but I have'nt had much time to get on the forums lately.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Hi Dana,

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a nice problem to have. It beats not having any orders.

That dual output section design sounds amazing. I can see the potential to go anywhere with it. Look forward to seeing it and hearing it in action.

All the best to you and yours.
Bluze

Post by Bluze »

Would someone care to put up some more clips of the Lil Devil? I am trying to make up my mind about buying this or waiting for the 2w Plexi. Looking for an amp to play hard rock / 80's guitar virtuoso at home, with massive distortion.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Bluze wrote:Would someone care to put up some more clips of the Lil Devil? I am trying to make up my mind about buying this or waiting for the 2w Plexi. Looking for an amp to play hard rock / 80's guitar virtuoso at home, with massive distortion.
I sent you another email. Plase let me know if you get it or not
UR12

Christmas amps

Post by UR12 »

I am starting to feel like one of Santa's Elves :lol: Here is a couple of pics of some LD's I have built in the last couple of weeks. "Buy American" theme and a little Alligator. BTW, no animals were harmed in the making of the amp :lol: :P The gator one is being donated to be raffeled off at a benefit for a good friend of mine that passed away. My friend had played bass in local bands for the past 35 - 40 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.