2w Sub Miniature Express

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

UR12

Re: 2w Sub Miniature Express

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:Man, you're in for a treat! These things are just amazing. Lil' Devil sounds great through a Thiele design with EVM12L. So much better to my ears compared with my Marshall 1936V cab loaded with Vintage 30s. I love it.
I am still waiting on my cab to com in. It was shipped on thursday and should be here today or monday. what does the bass and topend response sound like in comparison to the Marshall?
MCK

Post by MCK »

Compared to the Marshall & V30, this cab & speaker combination is much more articulate. I now see how muddy the older setup was. Cleans are much cleaner. Low end is much more robust. Not sure how best to describe it really. I just love it.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:Compared to the Marshall & V30, this cab & speaker combination is much more articulate. I now see how muddy the older setup was. Cleans are much cleaner. Low end is much more robust. Not sure how best to describe it really. I just love it.
Now you got me stoked. 8) I may need to go out and hunt down the mail man. :lol: I'll be loading mine with the Fane when it gets here. I have a friend who is bringing over his 12L to compare to the Fane so this should be fun.
MCK

Post by MCK »

Will be great to hear about your Fane vs 12L comparison!
gearhead

Post by gearhead »

I just switched to a Fuchs 1x12 combo cabinet, sans the amp but with the speaker. It sounds great!

Speaker is a Jensen "Mod Series" Mod 12/70 (made in Italy)

And guess what? It's Snakeskin tolex! Red and Snakeskin is the shiz.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Man I am dieing to try out the Theile cab design, but I am still waiting on my cab. :evil: This is rediculous, the ebay add said the guy had 10 available and they would ship within 3 days of cleared payment. My paymant cleared within seconds on 1/25. It has now been 15 days and no cab. After a phone call and a couple of emails I was told It was supposed to have shipped on thursday but when I try and track it via usps it says that there is no info, only it was due to be picked up last friday.

Trust me, I know how it can be trying to keep up with orders but man going on three weeks :roll:

I have both the 12L and the Fane Medusa just waiting. 8)

/rant off
dayn

Post by dayn »

Dana,

Maybe a polite e-mail about contacting eBay and Paypal is in order...should get things moving.

Hope you get it (or a refund) soon.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

dayn wrote:Dana,

Maybe a polite e-mail about contacting eBay and Paypal is in order...should get things moving.

Hope you get it (or a refund) soon.
I have never left a poor feedback rating for anyone even though I have had some lousey service in the past. I will have to do some soul searching on this one :lol:
paulster

Post by paulster »

Begin a PayPal dispute. The threat of having his account frozen should wake him up, regardless of how lazy he is.

You can decide how to handle the feedback after he's had a chance to respond to that.
Richie

Post by Richie »

I don't have much faith in the paypal dispute. I once ordered a PC laptop battery,and the guy must have weighed the package, then the shipping info was in one of those clear window envelopes. So what i got was the window envelope only, no package.
I filed a dispute after contacting the shipper,which wouldn't respond.

I took pics of what i got etc..sent all the info to pay pal. They said it was delievered!!!!! and a confirmation from the Post office. I tried over and over to explain,but still the "Buy it Now" protected guarantee is hog wash BS.. it wasn't the cost, it was the priciple,and hassle, and knowing the guy got away with fraud.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Well at least I finally got some tracking info

Processed through Sort Facility, Feb-09-10, 09:00 AM, MEMPHIS, TN, 38136
Electronic Shipping Info Received, HUNTSVILLE, AL, 35802

So if he sent this out Thursday morning it only took 4 days to go from Huntsville to Memphis :roll:
Bruciep07

Post by Bruciep07 »

A couple of years back, I ordered some speakers from a guy on ebay, he had 8-10 positive feedbacks and I figured he was on the up and up. All of his feedback was from buyers though, and it was all little stuff, but at the time I wasn't thinking about that. What he did was list a few items all at once, then keep all the money that was sent to him on 5 or 6 items he sold, never planned on shipping anything out... From a combination of paypal, ebay, and previous sellers that he purchased stuff from, I was able to get his home address and phone number, his work phone number (which I was able to get his work address from), etc... Being able to hide behind the internet gives people a certain disconnect from reality, I was lucky enough to be able to give this guy a reality check and a promise over the phone, it got me a full refund check in just a few days. Not saying this is the case here, but it just seems like its easy for certain sellers on ebay to blow you off because there is that lack of face to face...
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

They don't up date the ebay in stock availability is what happens I get that all the time. So I contact them and find out its has to be built.
Structo

Post by Structo »

I did a buy it now on a 2 x 12 cab a couple years ago.
A few days after I paid I hadn't heard anything and so I contacted the seller.
They said, oh it's being built.....
I said when I click a buy it now, to me that means the article is ready for shipping unless you state otherwise in the description.
Long story short, it took about two and a half weeks to get it.
I noticed after that they did say in their ad that it will take a couple weeks to ship.

I don't think they were dishonest, just not very accurate in the description about the cab.
Sort of like, we have your money now and we'll use it to buy material to build the cab type thing. :roll:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
MCK

Post by MCK »

I'm glad to see the item was shipped and that Dana will soon get it.

Sad to say there are many unscrupulous sellers on eBay and other online forums. One common "act" that I have seen more than once is as follows. Sharing this to get some awareness.

Seller lists item ABC with no reserve.
No one else bids and you manage to buy at a low $.
You pay immediately.
Seller is not happy with the sale price.
Seller pretends to ship.
All inquiries for a tracking # go un-replied.
After a long wait you open an eBay / PayPal case.
Seller simply says item must have been lost in the mail let me refund.
eBay gives the seller a pat on the back, you get the low $ you paid back.

Presto - item magically appears and same seller re-lists the same item again! Such is life.

Also don't trust the PayPal Buyer protection. It only covers items bought on eBay and does not cover person to person PayPal payments for products/services.

Even then they cover you for the full cost of item + shipping you paid but expect you to ship the item back at your own cost. Now this would be fair of you didn't like the item etc and want to return for refund but there are many times when its plain right unfair.

My wife bought a Cashmere sweater on eBay.... It arrived and the lable on it said Rayon! Long story short we ended up opening a PayPal case and we were told to return for refund at our cost. Now how is that fair...

Oh well. Sorry for hijacking the thread more & more...