Hello All, I am starting my Express Build next weekend!

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

keithrick

Hello All, I am starting my Express Build next weekend!

Post by keithrick »

Hi Everybody,

My name is Keith but I go buy Keithrick here and on the Gear Page. I just wanted to formally :lol: introduce myself and say hi!

I am 33 and live in Harford County, Maryland. My hobbies include Guitars, Amps, Pedals and Cars. I am a DIY'er and have rebuilt a few classic cars, built a few pedals a guitar, modded a few amps and now I am looking forward to the Express build.

Here is my plan so far: I have ordered my board from Dana, iron from Moose and the build parts from the BOM posted on the board with a few substitutions. I have yet to order tubes or sockets. I am planning to use the Kelly 90 A1b schematic and the Francesca pics as a guide. I plan on making my own chassis and head cab.

Along with this project I plan on posting progress pics along with some sound samples after completed. Hopefully everything goes well! Any tips or guidence along the way will be greatly appreciated!

I have attached a pic of my last amp I made a head cab for Fuchs modded Bassmen, and my USACG Strat. I hope the pics upload correctly!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UR12

Re: Hello All, I am starting my Express Build next weekend!

Post by UR12 »

Those look great but what about the cars :D

I own 5 classic VWs and the 57 356 California Speedster.
Last edited by UR12 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
keithrick

Post by keithrick »

Dana, That car is sweet! Unfortunately my cars came and went before I had a digital camera! As you can tell by my pics, I still do not own one, I am using a Camcorder. :roll: I am however planning my next project car, just haven't figured out what yet!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Is that the Dunble type amp Andy builds into the bassman chassis?

Does that amp have his board Etc in it..

Richie
Elcabong

Post by Elcabong »

Nice Strat, Keith. Did you bought the neck and body or you made them too?

I did build one a while ago, using mainly Warmoth parts. I thought it was harder than building an amp but still it resulted in one of my preferred guitars.
keithrick

Post by keithrick »

Hi Guy's

Richie, yes Andy puts his board into the amp when he does his mods. It was a great sounding amp. However I always thought something was missing. The lack of Mojo I believe it has to do with the iron, the amp started off as a 82 Fender Concert. In Andy's defense, I never sent it in to be revoiced which was a option and apart of the Mod fee.

Elcabong, I used USACG parts for the neck and body. Other parts of interest are the Reranch 3 color sunburst Nitro finish, (I sprayed)WCR SR pickups and Callaham Vintage hardware set. In reality you could imply that I just assembled the guitar. It was a great learning experience, especially setting up the guitar. When you can do that it makes changing string gauge and set up a snap! Plus when the intonition is perfect your guitar will ring like a bell!