Help hooking up the Toneslut PT for an Express build

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

fzfwyv

Help hooking up the Toneslut PT for an Express build

Post by fzfwyv »

Hi,

Hoping I could get some additional help hooking up the toneslut PT to an express build.

Here's the diagram: http://www.toneslut.com/transformers/tr ... agrams.gif

Start with the HV taps. There are (2) 300 wires and (2) 260 wires. Should I use the 300's? These get soldered to the diodes on the power board right? If I go with the 300's do I just trim & cap the 260's?

Next, where does the Yellow/Red wire go? What is this wire?

OK, next the grey wires. These are the 5V wires. Trim & cap these?

Finally the heaters. There seems to be 3 of them (2 browns & 1 brown/white). I thought I only needed two. Any help on which one's to use is appreciated.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP!!!

-Rich (rszmagaj@comcast.net)
Chris G

Re: Help hooking up the Toneslut PT for an Express build

Post by Chris G »

Hi,
Here are the short answers to your questions: use 300 volt lines, cut and heat shrink off the 260's.

The red/yellow is the center tap for that section it goes directly to ground.

trim and cap the 5volts as the express is solid state rectified.

Brown/whie is the center tap for the heater lines it should go to ground as well

Chris
UR12

Post by UR12 »

fzfwyv wrote:Hi,

Hoping I could get some additional help hooking up the toneslut PT to an express build.

Here's the diagram: http://www.toneslut.com/transformers/tr ... agrams.gif

Start with the HV taps. There are (2) 300 wires and (2) 260 wires. Should I use the 300's? These get soldered to the diodes on the power board right? If I go with the 300's do I just trim & cap the 260's?
For the express use the 300v wires and yes just trim and cap the 260v ones. The 260 v ones can be used for a Liverpool that runs El84s instead of El34s.
fzfwyv wrote: Next, where does the Yellow/Red wire go? What is this wire?
The yellow /Red wire is the centertap for the HV. It goes to a ground lug over in the corner next to where the power cord comes in.

fzfwyv wrote: OK, next the grey wires. These are the 5V wires. Trim & cap these?
Yes, you don't need these unless you are runing a 5v rectifier tube like the Rocket.
fzfwyv wrote:Finally the heaters. There seems to be 3 of them (2 browns & 1 brown/white). I thought I only needed two. Any help on which one's to use is appreciated.
The brown and white wire is the center tap for the heater winding. It goes to the same ground as the Red and Yellow wire (above)

I guess Chris and I both posted at the same time. :D
fzfwyv

Post by fzfwyv »

Thank you and NO thank you!!

Thank you very much because your answers were very clear!

No thank you because now I'm going to stay up and finish the build even though I need to be up early tomorrow!!!

Seriously though, thanks very much. I appreciate the help!

-Rich
UR12

Post by UR12 »

fzfwyv wrote:No thank you because now I'm going to stay up and finish the build even though I need to be up early tomorrow!!!

-Rich
Rich

Late nighter eh? :lol: been there , done that and got the tshirt