Ceriatone Express arrived today

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

M Fowler

Ceriatone Express arrived today

Post by M Fowler »

Ordered my TW express complete amp, sans cab from Nik August 31, 2008 it was assembled and shipped September 22, 2008 and received September 24, 2008. It arrived without any damage, packed quite well. It arrived with JJ tubes, T-shirt, and power cord. I placed all the tubes and set the amp in my temporary drawer head then fired it up with the Dr Z 212 blues cabinet. Wow it is one loud mutha and has such a great bite to it. My Gibson the Paul model kicked some serious butt. Not a clean level to this amp all grind with harmonics. I then hooked it to my Peavey 4x12 and let her fly again. When I came up from my jam room my wife said well how do you like it, sure was loud. All I could say was good! Thats what I wanted a loud lead amp.

Well worth the $670 plus shipping. Hope I build my liverpool as well as Nik built this amp.

Mark
M Fowler

TW Express picture

Post by M Fowler »

Her is a picture of my Ceriatone Express in a Gabkit cab with my Dr. Z Stangray and 212 cab.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Roe

Re: Ceriatone Express arrived today

Post by Roe »

my ceriatone express sounds great with siemens el34s, a tungram ecc83 in v1, a siemens in v2 and a mullard ecc81 or a american 5751 in v3. I've changed the caps to the original type
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
M Fowler

Tubes

Post by M Fowler »

Roe

What cab did you use for your amp? When I put the chassis in my new cab that really took the hiss and squeal away.

I want to experiment with different tubes but waiting for my sister-in-law to bring me a box full of old tubes she saved for me. Last time she ran across a whole bunch of tubes I was able to use for my amps but many of the other tubes were for radios and TVs. She repairs car radios, has her own shop, and comes across sales of tubes and knows I want them so she gets them for me. I sold all my stuff in 2003 in a move but now I started building and collecting parts again.
Roe

Re: Ceriatone Express arrived today

Post by Roe »

this is my homemade oak cab: Image

I'm having a little oscillation now on v5 pin3 and (sometimes at v4 pin 3 as well). any remedies?
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
M Fowler

Nice Cab

Post by M Fowler »

Nice looking cab.

I made sure my bright switch wires were not touch other wires or the chasis. Not sure what you got going but check the wire routing as the guys here always say lead dress. If still having problems be sure to send another thread to some of your very experienced builders on this forum. I am new to Trainwrecks.

Mark