Climax schematic

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bnwitt

Climax schematic

Post by bnwitt »

Here is the schematic and documentation that came with my climax.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Great things happen in a vacuum
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Re: Climax schematic

Post by LeftyStrat »

So you have a Climax? What are your impressions of it?
bnwitt

It's great

Post by bnwitt »

I love it. It has several excellent tones, but it is too loud for the studio so I don't get to play it much. It's a very versatile amplifier and the assembly workmanship by kendricks is excellent. I'm working on a flamed maple head cabinet for it at the moment cause it's just a bare chassis with a dangling reverb pan now. That is how I bought it from Gerald Weber.
PeteRH

Re: Climax schematic

Post by PeteRH »

May I ask how much you paid? I have almost pulled the trigger a few times on one of these, the last time being when he had one on ebay. I have been impressed by the sounds I have heard and think they are pretty versatile for a fender style amp.
bnwitt

Alot!

Post by bnwitt »

I paid $1,900 for the completely wired chassis with NOS tubes installed. It was alot of money but the tones I get from this amp and the craftsmanship are top notch. My only problem is that 50 watts is just too much for studio work and I don't gig. I'm about to put her in a custom maple cabinet and then I might sell the amp to a gigging musician I know.