My Wreck likes Greenbacks better than H30s

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gnugear

My Wreck likes Greenbacks better than H30s

Post by gnugear »

I just picked up a pair of Blackback G12H30 (55hz) that I loaded into a '63 Fender 2X12 cab. I've also got a '68 Basketweave with 55hz G12M Blackbacks. The H30s defintely bring out the high end hash. The G12Ms seem much more forgiving and richer in the mids. I've got some real Greenbacks coming in a day or two so it'll be interesting to see how those compare.
Icetech

Re: My Wreck likes Greenbacks better than H30s

Post by Icetech »

You have way too many speakers.. if you run outa space i can store some for ya:)
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Even though I've tried and tried to like 30s (blackbacks, and prerolas)with my Express I finally sold them all and kept my early rola 25s. On the other hand I actually like the way the 30s sound, from totally behind the cab! They are just WAY too bright for me in front.

My videos I posted are my '68 cab with '71 era lead cone 25s.

I'm totally with you on this. However I know Ken himself tends to prefer the 30s.
gnugear

Post by gnugear »

Yeah, the 30s sound really good with a SUPER dark '74 Superlead (I converted it to '67 specs). But everything else is too ice picky. Have you tried the 55hz G12Ms?

By the way, it took me over two years to complete my build but it was your clips over at the Plexi Palace that got me started. :)