Started my TW inspired amp build.

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

teleamp

Started my TW inspired amp build.

Post by teleamp »

Thanks for all that I have learned from you guys. And a real big thanks for the pics of Fran. Well I've got most of the parts in hand and have started the build. My cabinet is almost complete and I've started putting on the finish coats.

I am almost through with the preamp board, and have a question, what resistors are you guys using for the 220K grid snubbers? Also, does anybody have a source for a good MF 82K for the V3 plate resistor.

I bought silver mica for the small caps, has anybody tried ceramic disc in those positions?

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What!
teleamp

Cabinet Mockup

Post by teleamp »

Here's a pic of the cabinet, I just cut all the holes in the faceplate and wanted to do a trial fitting before final finish coats.

I've got the chassis bottom plate attached w/8, 8-32 machine screws and the bottom plate has threads to accept 4, 1/4-20 screws from yhe bottm of the cabinet.

All that is left before assembly is to drill my transformer holes. Hopefully I should be done in the next three or four days.

MikeY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
What!
Icetech

Re: Started my TW inspired amp build.

Post by Icetech »

lookin good:)