Progress report.....Express Chassis 97% wired

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

keithrick

Progress report.....Express Chassis 97% wired

Post by keithrick »

My transformers are arriving tomorrow so I can finish my build! Just my luck the site will be down! :shock: Keep me in your thoughts! Hopefully on the other side "Ashley Marie" will be alive and screaming!

FYI- Ashley is my first daughter! That leaves the door open for two more builds Carley Renee and Tina Marie (Mommy)!
Last edited by keithrick on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
UR12

Re: Progress report.....Express Chassis 97% wired

Post by UR12 »

Keith

You got my email address and, if ya need help, I should be around most of the weekend working on my Liverpool. Maybe you can post the first pics on the new board! 8)
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Keithrick, you can email me at allynmey at aol dot com if you have any questions.

Allynmey
keithrick

Post by keithrick »

Ok Guys, :lol:
I am reluctant to post my pics because of how nice all yours are turning out....but I will. Let me know if you see any glaring errors.

BTW- I made my own chassis from a piece of aluminum :o

All I have to wire is the secondaries, and rotary switch and speaker jacks. Then hopefully tonal nirvana! :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Looks good! Also, looks like it's almost finished! :D

Are clips in the future?

Sure you wouldn't want a paper logo? :lol:

Allynmey
keithrick

Post by keithrick »

"Sure you wouldn't want a paper logo?" LOL! I almost fell out of my chair! I wonder how many people got that joke!

Yeah clips are in the future, mabey even an mpeg if you can still post them. I am planning on firing this amp up on Thursday, I ordered some EH El34's from Lord Valve. After working out the kinks I will upgrade to Siemens.
keithrick

100% complete with an error!

Post by keithrick »

Quick Update:

Still waiting on tubes. Hopefully today! I finished the amp yesterday and went double checked all my wiring. Everything looked good! Powered it up using the procedures on Paul Ruby's site and immediatly blew the lamp. It took me a minute to realize that a 6.3 v fender style pilot lamp doesn't want to see 125v. :shock: Guess I need to get the correct lamp.

Using Mooses trannies and NO TUBES, the HV secondaries unconnected and connected were at 314vac. The bias was adjustable and all of the b+'s were around 420vdc. So far so good!