Rocket build "Angel"

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gahult

Re: Rocket build "Angel"

Post by gahult »

Mark,

I think for this build I'll be using the piece of Cherry I have. Nothing fancy just a non-flamed piece I picked up at the local lumber yard months ago.
Probably go with the full radius edges but, I am kind of partial to a flat face with the smaller radius.

Other than that it will be mitered corners, biscuit joined. I'm going to do a Formby's tung oil finish this time as I had a b*tch of a time working with the lacquer on Cindy. I don't know if it was me or the MI humidity.

Remember clean your bench, cover you tracks, what the wife don't know won't hurt you. :lol: :twisted:

Gary
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird , and they take Prozac to make it normal.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

M Fowler wrote:Tim/Ron

Man we sure think alike because I was going to comment on how clean Gary's work bench is compared to mine but Tim beat me to it. Mine is still a mess and I picked it up and reorganized several times, what the heck.

At least I think I know where everything is! Heehe :D .

Gary did you come up with a plan for your cab?
+1!

Every time I get it in my head to pick it all up I get about half the surface clean then decide to take something else apart, thereby making a helluva mess again.

W
jjman

Post by jjman »

I bought the black preamp tube retainers for my build. Take note that if they are painted, like mine were, they will provide no shielding. I filed off the paint where the bottoms meet the chassis and where the bottoms lock onto the tops. This restored the lost connections needed for shielding.

Then I removed them since they were not providing a benefit in my case, and I prefer the look of tubes to them. (My head is see-thru.)
If it says "Vintage" on it, -it isn't.
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Gary,
You have to be careful with pictures like that :!: They're dangerous :? If my wife were to see those, shed be on me like a duck on a June bug:
(Imagine a whining voice with attitude) "Why can't YOU keep your work bench clean like HE does :!: " :roll:
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
stevek66

Post by stevek66 »

Remember clean your bench, cover you tracks, what the wife don't know won't hurt you.

Amen brother.....Amen :D
gahult

Post by gahult »

Added VVR to keep wife and neighbors quiet. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird , and they take Prozac to make it normal.