Workbench

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

selloutrr

Re: Workbench

Post by selloutrr »

It's the old bench, but it's messy, does that count?

the two chassis on the bench... the one on the left was used to record GNR's appetite for distruction plug the 81 les paul standard in and your in the jungle baby!
The one on the right was a proto for the Blue Oaster Cult tour and can be heard on several of there albums. ( I wish I was a bigger fan I would have cleverly quoted a song title it was used on )
Both are the same non verb first version 120 PCB the (Right) has the first 200 model OT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by selloutrr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
gahult

Post by gahult »

1 cleaned, 3 to go in the garage. :D :D :D

Gary
In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird , and they take Prozac to make it normal.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

What do you charge? Can you come clean mine?
Ron Worley

Post by Ron Worley »

I decked the attic of my garage over Christmas break and installed a pull-down stair unit. Now most of the shit is up and out of the way where I can actually operate....

Moved most of the amps indoors (better for them, I know Mr. Weber), so once I get an old treadmilll sold, I am going to have a complete 2 car garage to use as I (finally) damn well please!! :twisted: :twisted:
Ron
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

My work is reserved to the basement but not a damp cold basement mine has carpet and heat. It's right next to my jam room.

The garage is full of snowmobiles as my youngest kid lives at home and repairs them. Every night a new one come in and out with the done ones. But at least everyone knows where he is.

I have been moved to the third smaller stall of the garage which is fine for now, maybe he will move out this summer!

Oh and I cleaned my bench then re-organized at least three times since my last post. errrr.

Mark
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

I would love to post a picture of my bench, but as it is, we just bought another house a few months ago-
I have well over 1000 sq.ft. of dry basement to finish! :( ( or maybe rather :D )

Too much regular work and travel have kept me from doing anything sofar.... :(
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

Wife wouldn't give up the garage.. something about parking the car..

the new work bench

"L" shaped work area 12' x 8' x28" deep of work space

still getting moved in and unpacked
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MBD115

Post by MBD115 »

I keep my work bench (and shop) pretty clean, unless I'm actually doing something that is :D

And it heated, so I'm not allowed to work on amps on the dining room table. :D :D
SkinPimp

Post by SkinPimp »

MBD115 wrote:I keep my work bench (and shop) pretty clean, unless I'm actually doing something that is :D

And it heated, so I'm not allowed to work on amps on the dining room table. :D :D

:shock: Must ... show.. this... to... the wife ! Damn the sweater ! I want this for christmas. Nice !
mclmk8d

Post by mclmk8d »

SkinPimp wrote:
MBD115 wrote:I keep my work bench (and shop) pretty clean, unless I'm actually doing something that is :D

:shock: Must ... show.. this... to... the wife ! Damn the sweater ! I want this for christmas. Nice !
HEY RYAN, HOW ARE YOU?
How is the wife and that beautiful baby girl of yours?

Fro those of you that don't know Ryan from TGP, he is a builder of amazing fuzz pedals; he built one for me and one for my son...please excuse this if it seems like an ad...it really isn't; he is truly talented..PHOTOS

[img:672:720]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/323/img0880h.jpg[/img][img:720:540]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9901/img0876u.jpg[/img]
Where gators roam the backyards; keep your kids and dogs inside!
MBD115

Post by MBD115 »

SkinPimp wrote: :shock: Must ... show.. this... to... the wife ! Damn the sweater ! I want this for christmas. Nice !
Thanks man.

This is a mod. 2 Craftsman 6' work benches I modified so they connect together on one end - then set that on top of 3 of their cabinets. The salesman couldn't figure out how I was going to use that 3rd cabinet since they are only made for 1 on one end and legs on the other, but it turned out looking right and was actually easy to do. Just drill a couple holes and make a few notches. It looks like it was made that way :D

Later
SkinPimp

Post by SkinPimp »

Hey Serge !
All is well and the baby is just amazing . I couldnt be happier. Hard to believe how fast they grow .Hope all is well on your end. we are gearing up for baby's first christmas. Gonna be a blast !

I am going to have to look into something like this though , my work area is a disaster, and it has dominated almost the entire house. I am glad my wife puts up with it as well as she does. plan is going to build a shop for all my mess and this should help me keep organized better.. Thanks !!
Structo

Post by Structo »

I use our dining room table......
The wife hates it but it really is the only place with any room to work.
I would love to have a shop to do wood work (guitars) and amp work.

Not in the foreseeable future.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
drhulsey

Post by drhulsey »

Structo wrote:I use our dining room table...
At least those of us posting here have SOME PLACE to work. I dread the day when circumstances put me
in a place where I have NO PLACE to do all the very important things I have yet to do :(
Tim

In case the NSA is listening, KMA!
mclmk8d

Post by mclmk8d »

I've been using my apartment's terrace, where I have my table saw, router table, other tools. When I'm not using the terrace, I'm using the floor of the den. Neither is comfortable, but I have no other place to do the woodworking. It's times like this that I miss my house's garage (but not the ex-wife that came with it!). I'm glad we sold it at the right time and made out well...prices really dropped after that.
Where gators roam the backyards; keep your kids and dogs inside!