Rocket Screen resistors

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stevek66

Rocket Screen resistors

Post by stevek66 »

Has anyone tried 470ohm or 1k screen resistors on thier Rockets.
Was thier any difference tonewise.
I was just curious.

Thanks Steve
FYL

Re: Rocket Screen resistors

Post by FYL »

100R is way too small if you fancy your EL84's. Go for 1K or 1K5 and play with the RC constants if you want to keep your clone tight and tidy.
Fischerman

Post by Fischerman »

I used 470 ohm but I didn't compare to anything else. I don't hear of the guys using 100 ohm having any problems though and I've seen EL84s run harder. It would be interesting to see how high you can go before it noticably affects tone.
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.
stevek66

Post by stevek66 »

Hey thanks for the info.When I was ordering parts for my rocket I ordered the 470 ohm and 1kohm resistors.I went ahead and pulled the 100ohm and thru in the 1kohm.I didn't notice any difference.Plug in a Strat,add a little delay,turn it up to noon and what a sound.
Hey Thanks guys
Steve
stevek66

Post by stevek66 »

Hey thanks for the info.When I was ordering parts for my rocket I ordered the 470 ohm and 1kohm resistors.I went ahead and pulled the 100ohm and thru in the 1kohm.I didn't notice any difference.Plug in a Strat,add a little delay,turn it up to noon and what a sound.
Hey Thanks guys
Steve
Macshaft

Screen resistors

Post by Macshaft »

I sort of compromised and went with 330R , My Rocket is the sweetest sounding amp I`ve ever owned , bar none . I used 2.2k on my Liverpool/6w6 variant and it has a nice jangly/chimey sound when turned down on the guitar , and that was through a single 15" Ampeg cab. (my Fave ,I love bottom end)

Life is discovery
Macshaft:)