Book/Gar Gilles-The How and Why of Tube Amps as Gar Sees It

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

neilium

Re: Book/Gar Gilles-The How and Why of Tube Amps as Gar Sees It

Post by neilium »

Elcabong wrote:Any book I have not mentionned and that should be on my wish list?
The ARRL handbook, one from before the 70's. Contains my favorite chapter on power supplies and regulation. Granted, there's a lot of stuff in there guitar amp builders have no use for, but who better to turn to when dealing with RF problems than the glowbugs?

It's very clearly written practical guide.

Also contains an impedance nomograph, which shows the relationship between resistance, inductance, capacitance and frequency. It's also great to stare at if you're high.

Add also Norman Crowhurst's Understanding HiFi Circuits. Don't worry about the hifi part. Very straightforward book with no mention of mojo or subjective judgements of sound quality.
charliewired

Re: Book/Gar Gilles-The How and Why of Tube Amps as Gar Sees It

Post by charliewired »

Thanks for the tips guys - yeah I really hope my library system is hooked into a larger system that I can tap cause its, well.........in a word,,,,,lame - otherwise I will have to get a public membership to the U of Victoria,
I have so much crap to wade through already I doubt I will go and get a stack of library books though - dont you guys have more than you can digest also-? Its certainly true in my case, but I will scope the selection, there{UVic}.
Oh and Mr rhinson, I wrote Pete explaining your problem - he was sure that he sent a response in the first place, but when I made him aware that you never recieved it - he replied once more {forwarded the orig message again} so now you should have your information.
Cheers
Charliewired