Q - Rocket Board Size?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

nickt

Q - Rocket Board Size?

Post by nickt »

Dumb question of the day:

what are the rocket's board dimensions? I've looked at Tim's layout but am not sure the drawing is meant to be to scale or what the perf spacing is. I get about 2.5 by 11 inches which seems too long. :?

Thanks in advance
fishy

Re: Q - Rocket Board Size?

Post by fishy »

Not sure I can answer definitively here but this is what I used
The board is based on the rocket build Allyn posted. I worked on a spacing of .225" I'm not sure if it is spot on but it looks to line up well.

The PDF has the dimensions and markings for the holes. I just printed it out and stuck it to the board to drill it.

If your considering the old style perf I'm inlcined to think its very similar to the Express and Liverpool dimensions but that is a guess.

Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I'm sure my Rocket board was the same size as my Express and Liverpool.

2 1/4 x 10 1/4
Last edited by M Fowler on Mon May 04, 2009 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
nickt

Post by nickt »

Hey Thanks! Exactly what I need and more! :D :D :D
joebob

Post by joebob »

Mine are 8 7/8" x 2 1/4"

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Instructions...I don't need no stinkin instructions
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Well then my Rocket board is 8 7/8" x 2 1/4" because I got mine from Joebob but he didn't answer fast enough. :) So you got my 2 cents worth.

Joebod no wonder I had so much real estate in Rocket chassis. :D

Mark
nickt

Post by nickt »

M Fowler wrote:Well then my Rocket board is 8 7/8" x 2 1/4" because I got mine from Joebob but he didn't answer fast enough. :) So you got my 2 cents worth.
Well your 2c is most welcome. :D The good news is I ordered enough board material so will just need to cut DOWN a little. 8)
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Nick,

Have you heard or played through a Rocket? Because the Rocket has moved into my favorite amp slot immediately after I finished building it with no tweaks or tube changes to date. I think the Rocket is the best of the TW line-up.

Also, right after I get done with my 80w express build I will be sourcing parts for a 60w rocket project.

Mark
joebob

Post by joebob »

To M Fowler,

So how does the 3 differnet Rockets sound? I am curious if the one with Sozo's has a better sound than the other 2 you have.

Dave

And thanks again, Mark. I have on occaision changed my boards from one run to another to accomodate bigger components that i buy (like SOZO).
Instructions...I don't need no stinkin instructions
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Dave,

I bought one Liverpool board from you with 150's. One Express with Sozo for my combo amp and one Rocket with 150's. At least I thought those yellow caps are 150 mallory?

I only have the one Rocket so far. I am building an Express and trying to get as close in looks and performance to the original so I will be going with vector style boards on that project.

I am going to go with the 60w Rocket to see how that sounds compared to the 245-0-245 Edcor PT and Dynaco A470-S OT Rocket I built.

Mark
nickt

Post by nickt »

M Fowler wrote:Nick,

Have you heard or played through a Rocket? Because the Rocket has moved into my favorite amp slot immediately after I finished building it with no tweaks or tube changes to date. I think the Rocket is the best of the TW line-up.

Also, right after I get done with my 80w express build I will be sourcing parts for a 60w rocket project.

Mark
Hey Mark,

I've played an AC30 for the last... well... 35 years!! :shock: I'm hoping the Rocket will sound at least as good as that (but without the noise and hummmm and 85lb lug!!) :D :D

Might have to build a second one though because I only have Allyn's Express chassis - my first attempt will be with KT66's. :wink:

I've already built a Lightning clone (somewhat disappointing tonally but quiet as a mouse) Probably need some RTF (RFT?) EL84's I guess...

cheers
Nick
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Your going to like the Rocket then Nick.

The lightning is a great amp I built the spitfire instead of the lightning.

So your going to built the Rocket KT66? That will be good project and I believe some of the guys here like the sound of the ones they built.

Mark