Trainflex

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

RossH

Re: Trainflex

Post by RossH »

loverocker wrote:You're going to do all this over this weekend! :o Wow - you're a fast modder!
I'm only modding the schematic at this point. I may build something more like this later. At this point it is an exercise in mod collections, education, and idea generation.

Trainflex 1.2 is becoming more modular. I added in the LOOP OFF switches as well as added a tube reverb section. The PT will no longer support the full structure. If someone were to build it you would have to recalcuate the circuit load. Maybe I can do that for 1.3

http://theoctave.home.comcast.net/Trainflex1-2.jpg

I realize that this is incongruent to the "simple pure pipeline" approach for the Express. This goes more in the vein of tweaking, experimentation, and organization of ideas.

I added snides Komet mod instead of the one I have and I am still tinkering with some more additions. I also removed the parallel 1M resistor and fixed a couple of typos.

Ross
Jackie Treehorn

Post by Jackie Treehorn »

Maybe there's a way to use a 2 pole switch to change the cathode values on the first two stages to go from Komet (2.7k/.68 & 1.5k/22uf) to Express values (1.5k/22 & 2.7k/22) by using two paralleled resistors around 2.8k to 2.9k and using the switch to lift or connect the ground connection to one resistor along with the extra capacitance in the case of v1 on the Express. In the Komet setting, the switch would lift one 2.8k/22uf combo on the first stage, and add one 2.8k ground connection on the second stage. Flipping the switch to Express would connect the ground connection on an additional 2.8k/22uf in parallel with the first 2.8k/.68 and lifting the ground connection on the second stages second 2.8k resistor.

The resistances would of course be approximations of 1.5k & 2.7k, but you could have your paralleled/single first stage and the Komet/Express switch on the same amp. Connect the switch to a relay and you could channel switch from Express to Komet style preamp.

Just a thought...
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks for showing us your variations Ross. Good stuff! :idea:

Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
neatpete

Post by neatpete »

You've got a 470K Rk on the reverb drive tube...
peter
RossH

Post by RossH »

Oops! Thanks Peter. I updated 1.2.

Ross
dms

Post by dms »

Ross - what software program do you use to draw schematics?

Thanks, Davids
RossH

Post by RossH »

Visio 2003

Ross
dms

Post by dms »

Ross, I have Visio XP - any chance of getting the source file I could use as a template? I've just spent an hour drawing the input jack, 1 resistor, and 1 tube... Kinda struggling with this...

Thanks, Davids
basicaudio

Add to files?

Post by basicaudio »

Good Stuff.
This should be added to the files section. It's a bit hard to read when printed out. Would be nice to get a higher resolution print to study.

Thanks for all you work!!! Still learning

John
RossH

Post by RossH »

Oh, sure...have at 'er.

http://theoctave.home.comcast.net/Trainflex1-2.vsd

Have fun,
Ross
basicaudio

Post by basicaudio »

Ross

Not sure the link above works . I got the page but it had "errors" and was just and empty page...

The modifications look goog, Looking forward to getting my head around them. It's just that the original links are hard to read.

Thanks .

John
basicaudio

Post by basicaudio »

Ross

Not sure the link above works . I got the page but it had "errors" and was just and empty page...

The modifications look goog, Looking forward to getting my head around them. It's just that the original links are hard to read.

Thanks .

John
basicaudio

Post by basicaudio »

Ross

Any chance these can be added to the Files section here in a higher resolution?

Good stuff and food for future mods, just hard to read due to the poor res.

Thanks.

John
RossH

Post by RossH »

Try this...

http://theoctave.home.comcast.net/Train ... 200dpi.jpg

As far as the FILES section goes...you would have to ask Omar.

Ross
basicaudio

Hey omar!

Post by basicaudio »

Omar, This trainflex post seems pretty cool and has a lot of possible modifications, for the wreck of any amp. You might want to put it in the files section.

Just thought this would keep it handy for reference...

Love the site!

Thanks

John