Hey geetarpicker

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

chimeboss

Hey geetarpicker

Post by chimeboss »

Do you have any clips that were recorded before Ken's passing during the Komet years?
Were you asked or did you have a chance to take part in his next venture?
Seems to me that would have been a great show of support during that time period.
JimiB

Re: Hey geetarpicker

Post by JimiB »

what a jerk :evil:
I love my rail tone amp!
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

chimeboss wrote:Do you have any clips that were recorded before Ken's passing during the Komet years?
Were you asked or did you have a chance to take part in his next venture?
Seems to me that would have been a great show of support during that time period.
What exactly are you getting at?
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

The first worldwide "clip" of my Trainwreck Express was on a Guitar Player magazine soundpage record back in 1990. Ken sent me several letters over the years of prospective amp buyers that had written in regards to hearing it and reading the article in the magazine.

My 4 earliest videos posted on Youtube that were done rough and dirty with a camcorder were also done prior to Ken's passing. I sent a copy of those videos to Ken, and then Ken insisted on paying me for 20 or so DVD copies. I told him he didn't need to do that, but he was that kind of guy. Ken specifically wanted to send a DVD to Mark Knopfler as he really wanted Mark (who was/is playing a Koment) to also get and play an original Trainwreck. At that point I don't even know if Youtube existed (others posted them up there before I even did) and I really thought the clips were a bit rough audio wise but Ken liked them saying the tone still came through. Right after that I started digging for my master tapes I had recorded in years prior, but I could not locate them. That fall before Ken passed I finally found my original multi tracks and planed to remix it all. However the tape oxides were partially degraded on the multis and I decided to simply remaster the old DATs mixes that I had finally found out in my storage shed. I had never thought of it as a complete project with "just" 8 songs, and I really wanted to add more songs it. Alas by that point all of my recording gear and studio was totally different, and it was probably best to keep it all as is and save the new songs for the next one.

Later after releasing my CD I found out that I had indeed sent Ken some early mixes of some of the songs that ended up on my CD. I had forgot what exact tunes I had sent Ken over the years. Ken in turn had made copies for friends on cassette tapes, which I never knew about until after folks got my CD.

Ken knew I had played a Komet (one he had tweaked) though he also knew I was really stuck on my Express. As much as he liked working on the new amp designs he typically tended to favor the ones he also had personally built from the ground up. The last one I heard about was the "Song Writer" and Ken had sent me a pic of that. As far as I can remember Ken never pushed me to get a Komet. Also Ken or Hogy got others to do the clips for them and don't recall ever being asked to do so.

GK
rooster

Post by rooster »

Woah! Suddenly I feel even better for liking Glen's playing and tone!! Thanks for responding in the serious, Glen, I dig knowing all of this. You Rock!!!
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
chimeboss

Post by chimeboss »

Thank God for Brad Paisley for bringing the Trainwreck legacy to the present day with cd tracks backed up with live gigs using a Trainwreck and a Trainwreck family amp.

Dang I miss Bernie as well...