European source for Solen caps?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

loverocker

European source for Solen caps?

Post by loverocker »

I gather that they're made in France, so I'm hoping to find them cheaper over here than they are in the USA... :?

So do any other European builders know a source? Preferably with online ordering?
ODwan

Re: European source for Solen caps?

Post by ODwan »

Try http://www.tubetown.de!
That's the eshop I order almost all parts from. They are reasonably priced and I never had cause to complain.
Tip: Try their KT66! Wonderfull!!!
loverocker

Post by loverocker »

Thanks for the reminder :) I'm sure I've bought from them way back in the past. Hmmm... there's only a handful of Solen values listed (mostly low uF values), but I'll drop them an email to see if they also do the others (filter cap values).
markd

Post by markd »

loverocker wrote:Thanks for the reminder :) I'm sure I've bought from them way back in the past. Hmmm... there's only a handful of Solen values listed (mostly low uF values), but I'll drop them an email to see if they also do the others (filter cap values).
The Solens filter caps also look good to me. I have built an 18watt using Solens for filter caps and it worked well. Considering the prices of the Mallory filter caps, the Solens are cheaper here in the states. The trick is finding a way to fit the Solens into the chassis. The 47uF is almost 2·5" in diameter. I have ordered a chassis from Ron Work(he's close to home) that is 2·5" tall instead of 2". Now all I need is a shoehorn.
loverocker

Post by loverocker »

:) They're not exactly compact, are they? I'm also guessing that they're pretty heavy, so I wonder if they need tying into place so that the solder joints don't have to hold them? :?