Express Hammond Iron

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mehfuzhoss

Re: Express Hammond Iron

Post by mehfuzhoss »

Hello,

I have a 290BX hammond PT. will it power up a rocket/express ?

thanks
joeboo88

Post by joeboo88 »

Hi mehfuzhoss. that PT is more for a 2 6v6 amp (used in Fender's like 5E3 and Deluxe Reverb)

Rocket and Express, both would use more mA current and heater current. the heater taps on the 290BX is 3A, not enough ~ the Trainwrecks need more heater current because of the power tubes.
I bought and used a Hammond 272JX in my Express (300 0 300) to feed the 2 EL34's I also used a 6.6K Pacific OT for that Express.

A Hammond 270HX would work for a 4x el84 Rocket/Liverpool. The voltages are in the right ballpark.
I have the 270HX in my Liverpool.

2 EL34 and 3 preamp tubes = 3.99A for Heaters alone
4x EL84 and 3 preamp tubes = 4A for Heaters alone

this site helps determine the proper PT to use - https://thesubjectmatter.com/calcptcurrent.html

good luck
Synchu

Post by Synchu »

Or you can go 2 x EL84 - Rocket or Liverpool, or 2 x 6V6 Express path.
Admittedly, it will be different Express :)

Niki
jmrichardson01

Post by jmrichardson01 »

danotron wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm
M Fowler wrote:I would bite the bullet and build that Express with Pacific OT and your choice of PT. Or just get the whole Pacific set.

Its hard to beat rjguitars, toneslut (moose) or Allynmey tranny set prices and they are correct for the application intended a TW Express.

OK now I'm done, sorry. :)
Do you have links for these? :?:
If you'd like, you can now buy these directly from Pacific at www.pacificaudiomagnetics.com. The part number is PAM-OT-30-54R. Original manufacturer made in Anaheim, CA.

Hope this helps!

JR