playonit

Re: Hiwatt Chassis...

Post by playonit »

Thanks Allyn.... you have mail.... :D
I brake for Lard......
playonit

Post by playonit »

Got my chassis from Allyn.... What a niece piece... And am on my way to my next adventure. My first 100 watter (and probably my last) Here's what I got so far.. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I brake for Lard......
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

I have one of Allyn's chassis too, traded one of Allyn's Express chassis for it.

Allyn told me to order plates from BNP Laser and the plates were excellent.

Still need to put that amp together. I got trannies from Mojo. DR103.

Mark
playonit

Post by playonit »

Hey Mark... I picked up the chassis after Allyn posted saying he had some left but your pics you posted earlier in the thread sealed the deal.. Very nice.. I contacted BNP and will have the faceplate soon... I am getting ready to order the Trannies but am torn between a 50 watt or 100 watt build?
I brake for Lard......
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

playonit wrote:Hey Mark... I picked up the chassis after Allyn posted saying he had some left but your pics you posted earlier in the thread sealed the deal.. Very nice.. I contacted BNP and will have the faceplate soon... I am getting ready to order the Trannies but am torn between a 50 watt or 100 watt build?
I'd go for the 100 watt. I restored an 80's OL103 Lead 100, which is essentially a DR103 with an extra gain stage. I popped a quad a JJ 6V6's in it when I wanted to tame the volume, and it sounded great. 8)

Mark
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
playonit

Post by playonit »

Blindog wrote:
playonit wrote:Hey Mark... I picked up the chassis after Allyn posted saying he had some left but your pics you posted earlier in the thread sealed the deal.. Very nice.. I contacted BNP and will have the faceplate soon... I am getting ready to order the Trannies but am torn between a 50 watt or 100 watt build?
I'd go for the 100 watt. I restored an 80's OL103 Lead 100, which is essentially a DR103 with an extra gain stage. I popped a quad a JJ 6V6's in it when I wanted to tame the volume, and it sounded great. 8)

Mark
Went for the 100 watter....... can't wait to get her up...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I brake for Lard......
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Nice 100w will be perfect when you need to chase the small criters away from the house or just remind the neighbors you do play guitar. :)
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Heck yeah that looks great!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
dartanion

Post by dartanion »

You will love it. There is something about a DR103 that is so satisfying to play through.
Eardrums!!! We don't need no stinkin' eardrums!
playonit

Post by playonit »

Right now I am starting to think speaker cab...... 2-12's or 4-12's... I will build the cab myself.. I don't have a clue as to what speakers will go well with this circuit... I didn't set out to make any dead on replica.. so not looking for the Who sound or Gilmore sound... Any suggestions guy's? don't want to break the bank either...
I brake for Lard......
Noval_novice

Post by Noval_novice »

I have Weber Thames speakers in a ported 2x12 THD cabinet and they sound very good to me with a Hiwatt-style build. Pretty neutral sounding with maybe just a little bit of bass emphasis.
playonit

Post by playonit »

Thanks.. I will take a look on their site...
I brake for Lard......
playonit

Post by playonit »

Finally got to put a little solder down.... Got my 220uf 385v F&T cap cans in the mail today (hard to source this side of the pond) but was able to find them at c3amps after searching forever and am still looking for the 32+16 dual section can ( again hard to source this side of the pond) it's looking like Europe for that... after that, I will have all the goods to complete the amp.... the weather is getting crappy and winter my favorite time to build...
I brake for Lard......
lord preset

Post by lord preset »

playonit wrote:Finally got to put a little solder down.... Got my 220uf 385v F&T cap cans in the mail today (hard to source this side of the pond) but was able to find them at c3amps after searching forever and am still looking for the 32+16 dual section can ( again hard to source this side of the pond) it's looking like Europe for that... after that, I will have all the goods to complete the amp.... the weather is getting crappy and winter my favorite time to build...
http://www.shop.hi-tone-amps.com/ARS-16 ... 32-ARS.htm

Won't these work? Or are you holding out for F&T.
playonit

Post by playonit »

lord preset wrote:
playonit wrote:Finally got to put a little solder down.... Got my 220uf 385v F&T cap cans in the mail today (hard to source this side of the pond) but was able to find them at c3amps after searching forever and am still looking for the 32+16 dual section can ( again hard to source this side of the pond) it's looking like Europe for that... after that, I will have all the goods to complete the amp.... the weather is getting crappy and winter my favorite time to build...
http://www.shop.hi-tone-amps.com/ARS-16 ... 32-ARS.htm

Won't these work? Or are you holding out for F&T.

Thanks!!
I brake for Lard......