1964 JMI Era VOX AC30 replica layout and chassis plans

Vox and Hiwatt Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: 1964 JMI Era VOX AC30 replica layout and chassis plans

Post by martin manning »

rooster wrote:I appreciate the layout but you guys are actually able to read the part values? When I zoom in on this image everything is digitized to the point of non-readable. What are you guys doing different than myself please?

I have Stephen Grosvenor's book and I assume you borrowed from this but used a hipper drawing tool?
Scroll down to find the link to the .pdf version.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Like Martin said you need to scroll down to find the .pdf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rooster

Post by rooster »

Ah, thanks guys. I really bothered me to think my monitors sucked that bad....
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
Turret

Post by Turret »

rooster wrote: I have Stephen Grosvenor's book and I assume you borrowed from this but used a hipper drawing tool?
No, your assumption is wrong. My plans was done with a big help of my friend who owns AC30/6 Bass version, and my layout match his unit (with model parts corrections) 100% including grounding scheme (absent in Grosvenor's layout) and correct cap in RC filter network (error in Grosvenor's layout, one of many). Not to mention different part numbering

I found your "assumption" unjust and simply rude

Here's a tread about my layout attempts on FSB
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16190
rooster

Post by rooster »

Hm, I was rude and unjust? You misunderstood my comment then. Is English your first language? It's my only language so I hope you'll consider my limited vocabulary and completely American use of the language in the future. I asked you a question: Did you refer to the Grosvenor book layout and make a color adaptation from it? This is not saying you are an idiot who likes to color things - if that is what you thought I said? You could have answered my question by saying, 'No, although I have read his book, found it to be inaccurate in some areas, and independently I have done something that I think is better.' This was the information I was looking for.

I myself have spent a good deal of time working on the AC30 circuit and appreciate your documentation effort, yes, (although I haven't looked at it too closely at this point, I will). However, this said, I found the book by Stephen Grosvenor to be EXTREMELY helpful. Certainly beyond anything else out there on the subject. And actually, I think that if someone were to consider building an AC30 clone, it's a must have, must read. Do you disagree?
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
Turret

Post by Turret »

I have Steven's book, and no. No part of my layout was done with the help of his book (as well as no other layout from my website). My email is on my website, and Mr. Grosvenor is able to verify that the purchase was made lots of months after my layout was published. I have spend countless of hours, days and months with every single layout from my website with actual units on hand, or pictures of them, as I don't believe in other people work/schematic, I even said that here on TAG before (see few post up), so if someone accuses me of copying someone else's drawings - yes I do take it offensively.

No - of course, that English is not my first hand language, but I use it daily in my real life
Masco

Post by Masco »

Also have Stephen's book and have downloaded many Vox layouts through the years. Even have my own hand drawings I did years ago, some without components showing the tag board interconnections above and below. But I must say, Torg's layout is the best yet, without a doubt. No component designations or numbers to decipher, everything is right there in front of you.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more of your layouts.
Dr-Joned

Post by Dr-Joned »

Rooster, are you using the link lower on the page?

http://www.turretboard.org/wp-content/u ... alrev7.pdf

I can zoom in VERY large.
I Think I Think Too Much !
Turret

Post by Turret »

Masco wrote:Also have Stephen's book and have downloaded many Vox layouts through the years. Even have my own hand drawings I did years ago, some without components showing the tag board interconnections above and below. But I must say, Torg's layout is the best yet, without a doubt. No component designations or numbers to decipher, everything is right there in front of you.
Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more of your layouts.
Thank you Masco, it's very kind of you.

Also, thank you for corrections you did to my layout.

I'm still working on matched schematic for this, I want to make it more "user friendly", but the time is not on my side recently - to much is going on at work and my family life ;)

I'm half way with my AC15 layout, main job is done, but I'm still unable to find decent enough internal shoots to compare it with infos widely available online. The same apply to AC30/4 - these two are rare, and not much pictures I can get and use as an comparison.
brahim

Post by brahim »

Hello, could someone send me the chassis drawings or the measurements of the chassis and the panel, please
brahimnievasarquis

Post by brahimnievasarquis »

Turret wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:08 pm Hi again

Here's JMI era AC30/6 1-to-1 replica layout I've done some time ago

http://www.turretboard.org/?p=1108

And the chassis plans:

http://www.turretboard.org/?p=1168

Hope you like it
Hello, I arrived a few years late, I've been looking for information on the chassis, gaps, measurements for days and honestly I'm giving up, I see that the links fell, do you still have those plans?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

It seems like you may have created an account a couple years ago, and created a new one again now.

In any case, threads that are almost 10 years old, often won't get replies and yes will often have dead links.

The OP and posters of replies may no longer come to the forum to respond.

Sadly, there's not a ton that can guarantee this type of thing doesn't happen.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pdf64

Post by pdf64 »

Try the links in the wayback machine?
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I tried myself and the first one was there, but wouldn't load, just spun over and over, didn't try the second one.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott