Vox grill cloth issue...

Vox and Hiwatt Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

chikov

Vox grill cloth issue...

Post by chikov »

I know that most of the topics on this forum have to do with electronics but my issue is a little easier ( or is it?). According to the phot below, the top of the grilcloth came loose from the metal trim. I know it might be tricky to tuck it back in. Is there a trick, that will make fixing it easier and look professional in the end?
Thanks.
PS. I have no idea why the photo is upset down
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chikov

Re: Vox grill cloth issue...

Post by chikov »

Sometimes not getting any help is a good thing too. It encourages your creativity. I decided to clamp the grill cloth with two 2x4s and super glue the cloth back under the gold piping. Here is the photo of the rig:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

This is not something I have run into before, so I was waiting to see what tricks people might have for making this repair. I guess you are the expert now!
rooster

Post by rooster »

I missed this, sorry. Yeah, this repair may not hold up. What I have done is actually remove the cloth and then reinsert the cloth into the slot holding the gold plastic strip and then re-staple the rest of the cloth back onto the baffle board. It's a lot of work but this was how it was assembled originally. A hardware store will have a window screen roller to help with the job.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?