Night Train NT15C1 schematic?

Vox and Hiwatt Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jaysg

Night Train NT15C1 schematic?

Post by jaysg »

This one has three 12ax7's. eight knobs including digital reverb(I guess?) and an effects loop. The speaker and tubes are fine. It sounds like a filter cap has gone bad.
jaysg

Re: Night Train NT15C1 schematic?

Post by jaysg »

Marginal amp to fix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stevem

Post by Stevem »

I don't understand your comment here?
If it's a hum then it's filters or tubes if there's no cable plugged in and the shorting switch in the input jack(s) are good.
Doing a search for AC ripple on the plates of the preamp tubes should tell you weather is ripple on the V+ , or bad tube and heater related.
Start yanking out preamp tubes and narrow it down to a section of the amp!

And by the way , thanks for the schematics!
When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in his car!😊

Cutting out a man's tongue does not mean he’s a liar, but it does show that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
sonicmojo

Post by sonicmojo »

I just fixed the power switch on one of these and the amp looked like it has been through an inferno but still worked great! Decent sounding amps for the price they fetch for sure....
---------
Bryan
jaysg

Post by jaysg »

I think it is decent sounding. I'm not in a hurry so I haven't torn it apart yet. Basically, there are two modes -- Bright and Girth.

Girth is fair but glitchy tone wise. With Bright chosen, at the junction of C35 and R34, the signal (sine wave) is clean, but has a 60Hz parasite at the junction of R34 and R33 and the tone is very glitch. I suspect the Relay, K2 and need to order a couple. Girth runs through K2 also, but there is no 60Hz noise. I sort of expected 120Hz, not 60Hz, but it is 60.

(I can run a signal into the FX Return and the amp is fine.)