Vox AC-10 SRT circuit questions

Vox and Hiwatt Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

mwaller

Re: Vox AC-10 SRT circuit questions

Post by mwaller »

I'm a bit confused about the input wiring on this amp. Photos of the actual amp appear to show two identical inputs that reduce the input by more than 50%:
Chassis.jpg

The schematic shows something a bit different (I think!):
AC10_SRT_001_zpsejn5ubuv.jpg
If I use new Cliff Jacks for the inputs, can I simply copy the wiring shown in the photo?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
65greg

Post by 65greg »

I'm intrigued by this amp too and have been reading your posts about the trem and reverb...

Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this but if you strip out the tremolo and reverb the circuit seems to be heavily influenced by a 5E3 deluxe.

Regarding the input jacks it looks to me like the amp matches the way someone drew in the 1 meg resistor on the schematic.

Unless I'm mistaken the unused jack will short the 68k resistor to ground which puts it in parallel with the 1M for a total of ~64K

That forms a voltage divider with the 68K on the other jack which attenuates the signal by ~6.28 dB
mwaller

Post by mwaller »

Thanks for the comments. I decided to implement a Fender-style Hi / Low input scheme to give it a bit more flexibility.