Vox Kensington Bass V124

Vox and Hiwatt Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Seawolf

Re: Vox Kensington Bass V124

Post by Seawolf »

Stevem wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:42 am This Lafayette / Univox would not happen to be a combo tube model with 2 channels, reverb and 2-12" drivers in a horizontal cabinet would it, or is it the vertical 2-12 model ?
Does it use 6973 output tubes and one preamp tube is a 7247?

Is it SS recto?

If so I one and have been trying to find the time to draw out a schematic for it , but it's output stage is a common Univox type that you can find the schematic for.

In regards to these Univox tube amps and all the .01 uf oil type caps that they use , they all need to get replaced which is sad because when there good these caps sound really great!
It is a horizontal cab with 2 12" Jensens. It does have the 7247 preamp tube, which appears to be part of the trem circuit. It has two channels each with a normal and bright input. The output tubes are 7591 though, not 6973 and it's a SS rectifier. The PCB says model H on it. I could find very little info on the damn thing, no schematic but you're right, it's similar to other univox amps, just uses different output tubes. I ended up replacing all the oil caps and things are working pretty well now. I didn't replace the electrolytics. I normally do in an amp this old but the owner told me not to unless it was absolutely necessary, he wanted to keep costs down.