90s AC30TB revival/rebuild

Vox and Hiwatt Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

beasleybodyshop

90s AC30TB revival/rebuild

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Had this 90s Korg Era AC30 come in years ago for repair and the PCB board was so badly burned It became a basket case. Customer dropped off the planet and never came back so now I'm going to do it justice and decided to gut/rebuild to the earlier AC30 with the EF86 and top boost channels. Added the matchless tone control for the EF86, and a PPIMV. I also designed a repro style faceplate to top it all off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
xtian

Re: 90s AC30TB revival/rebuild

Post by xtian »

Oh! Do the tag strip dance! :D
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
beasleybodyshop

Mostly complete. Waiting on a PT now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
beasleybodyshop

And Done. She sounds great. I went with Matchless DC30 specs on everything, except cooled the bias so there's only 10W dissipation per tube.

Subbed the tube recto with a SS one and a100R 10W resistor inline to emulate the drop of a recto. Sounds like it should and be more reliable.

6BR7 tube subbed for the EF86. No noise or microphonics of note. Sounds killer. My favorite pentode sub for these builds.
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Nice clean build. Congrats.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.