Round over radius?

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

amplifiednation

Re: Round over radius?

Post by amplifiednation »

The mojo corners are often disappointing. Other than that I have good luck with them and they always make it right when they screw up. I don't get a lot of tolex and cloth from them anymore. Their cabs are nothing special. Standard builds with mediocre wild
Amplified Nation
www.amplifiednation.com
@ampnation
donvan

Post by donvan »

martin manning wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 pm 1/2" radius is standard for the metal corners found on Fender amps. Typically all outside edges are rounded, and the 2-screw "lipped" corners are used. They are finished in either chrome or nickel. Marshall Nylon corners are made to fit a 3/4" radius, but the back edges are not rounded. I think you'll want to break the corner on edges that are not rounded over, maybe chamfer ~1/16".
Martin,
I'm putting together a cabinet hardware order. I'm finding Fender 2-screw corners. None say lipped and I'm not 100% sure what that means. Can you expand on that?

Thanks,
Don
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Here's a pic of the three types. Of the two-screw corners shown, the 1651 with the wrap-around is what I mean by "lipped."
Attachments
amp-corners.jpg
Last edited by martin manning on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donvan

Post by donvan »

Thanks Martin!