weber speakers

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

boots

Re: weber speakers

Post by boots »

I've used several Weber speakers, and they have all been excellent to my ears. I'm fixin' to order a couple more pretty soon.

Ditto for the small parts and transformers I've ordered from them as well - orders have always been filled in a timely manner. No complaints from me.
Don't you boys know any NICE songs?
statorvane

Post by statorvane »

So the question still stands (which is what this thread is about)... Are they made in the USA?
Well, by that logic, the SR-71 reconnaissance aircraft was co-produced in the Soviet Union (titanium).
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

If I may, I'd like to direct this post to the moderators.

This thread is out of control. We have a relatively innocent question as the original post. I suggest it was not directed to the correct party. It could have been directed to the manufacturer. Why he chose to post that question here is not known. Forum member speculation about the answer is not appropriate.

Soon after, the conversation goes sideways with a post by the owner of one company telling of unsatisfactory experience with another company. It strikes me that such a discussion, regardless of it's veracity, isn't fair game in a forum. I think it is one thing to say I used to do business with them but stopped when I was no longer satisfied with their product or service. It is quite another to make assertions of "fact" in a forum where we are not judge and jury. After some time, the other party offers some rather defensive and even accusatory words. Again, we are not judge and jury. It is shameful to see such a thing played out in public.

I'd like to point out nuance is important. It is one thing to call someone a "liar" and quite another to assert that a statement isn't true or accurate. One is possibly defamatory. The other, in my view, is considerably less so and perhaps not at all defamatory. In particular, I find the accusations to be distastefully done and it is reflecting poorly on all parties involved.

What's done is done. We've seen the postings. The bell can't be un-rung. I do believe, as incendiary as this thread potentially is, it is time to remove it from public view. I suggest this out of concern for the forum. Let's not sully the forum, possibly even drag it down, by allowing a platform for a commercial disagreement to play out here.

Moderators, please delete this thread. It is unhealthy for the forum.

That's my 2 cents and thank you for the opportunity to place it here.
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

I'm with Phil_S on this one. While I could post clips/links/emails/false and double credit card charges, etc. to prove my statements and disprove my former suppliers statements directly, it would just drag on here and make this forum less pleasant. You guys don't need it.

The appropriate thing to do is take it elsewhere where the two Weber affiliates can answer to a legal authority for their actions.

So my apologies to TAG, sorry ladies and gents.

HBGB, why don't you nuke this for the good of the forum?
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
Turret

Post by Turret »

Delate? Why? Please don't do it

Locking would be enough. It is pathetic that Scumback needs now when his full of lies biz practices are now clear want it delated

Ones again. Please dont do it
Facebook Page with my amp plans
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Phil-S speaks for me.
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

Turret wrote:Delate? Why? Please don't do it

Locking would be enough. It is pathetic that Scumback needs now when his full of lies biz practices are now clear want it delated

Ones again. Please dont do it
Turret, I don't know you, but I can assure you with the litigeous nature of society in the USA is these days, I wouldn't be making these claims/statements if I wasn't absolutely sure of my facts. If Mr. Weber had sent me all of the credit card charged matching invoices and orders for 2010 as I demanded of him several months ago, this could have been all cleared up.

He did send me the 2011 invoices while losing his Visa dispute that year for $5150 worth of unauthorized charges. He has elected not to send me the 2010 invoices to verify those credit card charges against my actual placed orders. And yes, he got the demand for those documents by signing for the Fedex overnight letter sent to him.

Perhaps you should ask why he can't provide the 2010 invoices/credit card charges matched to my orders, instead of accusing me of bad business practices. Why don't you?
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
statorvane

Post by statorvane »

Phil-S speaks for me.
Yes. Me too.
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

Awesome! I am not going to comment on any of this. Thread is locked while I consider deletion or not! It will either remain locked, get edited for content or get deleted altogether. I will re-read it a few times and if I think there is any redeeming material I will edit.
:roll: