Jensen & Super Reverbs

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LPC78wino

Jensen & Super Reverbs

Post by LPC78wino »

I have a '67 BF SR that came with the brown & gold label; with red marker markings.
I've also have a 15 with these markings. What do these represent?
What is the difference between the similar b&g Fender label and Jensen's ? Same spec/cone? [img:25:23]http://www.tintdude.com/forum/public/st ... t/chin.gif[/img]

I have played many Super speaker config's and seem to favor the Jensen's.
In which I have a couple in need of repair and found this company to have NOS cones.
"What does that do ?"
rooster

Re: Jensen & Super Reverbs

Post by rooster »

The red felt pen markings - two digit numbers typically - indicate that they came from Silvertone cabs of the day. Fender NEVER wrote on the labels.

As to reconing I don't know Dallas that well. I have had Austin Speaker Works recone a Celestion that turned out fine after a slight revisit. :lol:
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?
billyz

Post by billyz »

I had Freeman-Tuell recone 4 10's from a late 50's tweed bassman back in the late 80's . They did a fine job. I was attending the Dallas vintage guitar show for a couple of days and they got them done in time , so I could take em back with me. Fast and Friendly.
LPC78wino

Post by LPC78wino »

Thanks for the informative replies guys.

Wow I see many with those markings doing a quick google search.
Here is one that came with my Super... Also, taking another look and confirming, the 15 I have does not have these markings.
[img:501:640]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7516/160 ... 0338_z.jpg[/img]

I really like the matchup with these Jensen's a SR. They really cut through when I push the amp at higher volumes - say past 6.
I also have taken a liking to a ToneTubby in a Deluxe for higher volumes, and have no complaints on either in the "flub" department.
"What does that do ?"
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

I will also vouch for Freeman-Tuell. I live close to their shop and get speakers reconed there all the time. They do a great job and turnaround time is pretty quick. They have been around for a long time.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."