Anybody Ever Do Business Here?

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

The Ballzz

Anybody Ever Do Business Here?

Post by The Ballzz »

Hey All,
Anyone ever do business with this company?

http://www.mableaudio.com/en/productvie ... binet.html

By the time you buy all the materials and smoke a router bit or two, that's a pretty attractive price, even if it ends up being plywood instead of solid pine. One downside is that it does not appear to have the properly angled front!
Thanx In Advance,
Gene
Cantplay

Re: Anybody Ever Do Business Here?

Post by Cantplay »

You still have to add in shipping from Hong Kong, may not be such a deal delivered.

John
Do not limit yourself to what others think is reasonable or possible.

www.johnchristou.com
The Ballzz

Post by The Ballzz »

Probably correct, although I've purchased a few things from China/Hong Kong and was really surprised by the low shipping costs. I'm waiting on a reply from them concerning that exact issue of shipping. I'll keep ya posted. The pic certainly does look nice and not everything made in China is crap. There are craftsmen world wide who take pride in their work! It's one of the better traits of human nature. :D

I almost bought a raw Les Paul body from a private luthier in China. Solid mahogany body with a special ordered carved mahogany top, mahogany neck with ebony fretboard. $99 shipped to my door! A couple of guys on a different forum purchased from him and raved about the accuracy of fret placement and other construction points. They said that all stock Gibson parts fit it perfectly. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't pull the trigger, but had other pressing priorities. I really, REALLY want a gold top, all mahogany Les Paul, with an ebony fingerboard, but the only one I've ever found was $85,000!
Gene
billyz

Post by billyz »

I've bought parts and a few chassis' from them. Tube sockets were good. Circuit boards were good. Chassis, ok. Lamp assemblies bad. Shipping was high. Oh the Marshall style handles were good too.
I think some of the big distributors get stuff from them and mark them up a bunch!
Their tweed looks like vinyl stuff.
Z