Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Phil_S

Re: Router sled

Post by Phil_S »

Thanks. I'm gonna give it a try!
cbass

Post by cbass »

Another thing if your gonna mount that big hog router onna table. Idlaminate two pieces of 3/4 together for the top and make your cutout as small as you can and still get the router through the hole. It's heavy stuff wants to sag
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

The books says it weighs 9.3 pounds. Not so heavy. Good advice, though. Thanks.

I'm still thinking about cutting a hole in the work table, made from 2" lumber (you know 1.5", why don't they just call it what it is?). We'll see.
Geeze

Post by Geeze »

Phil_S wrote:I wonder if they make square PVC. It would be real nice to have something that's reasonably strong and rigid, but light weight.
Hi Phil,

Thank you for the pics. Great fixture solution.

Home Depot sells rectangular aluminum. Another place to look for material is a metal supply or recycler - most of them sell by the pound.

Russ
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

Do not limit yourself to what others think is reasonable or possible.

www.johnchristou.com
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the recycle idea, if I can find someone. It absolutely takes the fun out of it if I can just throw money at the problem to solve it. I see the HD stuff. It is above my price point at the moment. Time may soften that. I keep thinking I can work this out with the smaller channel rails I have from the bookcase maybe with some plastic laminated particle board I've already got.

I received the new bottom cleaning bit today. I need to re-level my table. After a couple of years out in the weather, it needs tweaking. That will be first. After that, I need a solution for 1" lumber, which you know is only 3/4". I'm going to attempt to square up the lumber I've got for it. Nothing to lose if it doesn't work out.