speaker for my Kemper

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

norburybrook

speaker for my Kemper

Post by norburybrook »

After a bit of experimenting with class D power amps I decided to refurbish an old half built EV Thiele cab I had lying around to go with my kemper.

I stripped it of it's old tolex, fixed the large hole in the bottom where a PA stand top hat had been installed, made a new back panel as it was missing and set to re telexing it with green Carbon Fibre tolex.

Here's the result, a matching cab for my Kemper. It now houses a Peavey 100w black widow I had from my donor combo I'd bought recently.

I'm still learning about the whole telexing business.....it's a skill that requires time and you get better each time.

Marcus
Attachments
DSC_0967.JPG
DSC_0968.JPG
Bill Moore

Re: speaker for my Kemper

Post by Bill Moore »

Looks nice, I haven't tried any of the newer tolex yet.
Geeze

Post by Geeze »

Looks great! How does it sound?

Russ
JazzGuitarGimp

Post by JazzGuitarGimp »

Hi Marcus,

That looks great! The Kemper does not have a power amp built-in, correct? Now that I am doing a bit more woodworking, I am toying with the idea of making a pair of 1x12 cabs to use with the Roland GR-55 floorboard modeler. I know you can get class-D amp boards and power supplies on eBay for cheap, and I am thinking it would be cool to put a 100W @ 8-ohms amp inside each cab to make them "powered guitar cabs" that would cable directly to the GR-55 (well, through a stereo volume pedal...). No muss, no fuss.....

Cheers,
Lou
Lou Rossi Designs
Printed Circuit Design & Layout,
and Schematic Capture
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

Lou,

My particular Kemper doesn't have a power amp although they do do a powered version with a 500w class D mono amp.

I ve been using an 100w x2 eBay class D amp with the Kemper and its ok at reasonable volumes.

Make your cabs and give it a go ,it's all good fun 😃

Marcus
Attachments
DSC_0945.JPG