1960 B build - the sickness continues....

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bill Moore

Re: 1960 B build - the sickness continues....

Post by Bill Moore »

That's just too beautiful!
Geeze

Post by Geeze »

Roe wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:03 pm
Geeze wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 pm
Roe wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:50 am how do the cab sound compared to the ordinary birch ply cabs?

Thanks, even a spectrum analyzer will only help with sound, not response, right?
I'm thinking the frequencies produced by each cab can be plotted to really determine / compare the wood's contribution to the sonic stew. I'm not sure what you mean by response?

There are so many variables from the component drift on the amp guts to the capacitance variation on the guitar cords, atmospheric and room effects. I shudder when I hear amps / speakers / cabs / pups / wood praised or damned by a single component. Y'all are much smarter than I am as it took me years to learn how to dial in tones / timbre for a specific volume / room / day. I pity the people I jammed with for those early years - now wishing they'd know more than they did and woulda come over and said 'Looky here, knucklehead! Dial them damn knobs this away and quit pissing me off with your crap tone!'

Russ
Roe

Post by Roe »

A real loose cab would tend to have a slower response, whereas a tighter cab would have a faster response with a more controlled resonance. I'm not sure if a freq analyzer would capture how fast the cab respons
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s