Custom Logos!

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bill Moore

Custom Logos!

Post by Bill Moore »

I found a guy on the bay who makes custom logos, (Vidiot72), both plate, and 3D printed. I installed a couple this weekend.
T&D3.JPG
TUBEDUDE

Re: Custom Logos!

Post by TUBEDUDE »

Looks good. Is he reasonable?
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

I think so, he sold me 2 3D, and 1 plate for less than $50 shipped.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Not to put down the ebay supplier but shop locally at your vinyl sign company and you can have them make your logos.

Very strong material and works for me. Even have some riveted to my grandson's race kart.

Mark
Fowler2 (1).jpg
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

I don't know anybody that does 3D printing, (maybe at the college).
My local sign guy will do that and decals, (and of course signs). He also is a guitar player!
coolidge

Post by coolidge »

Front Panel Express - https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ This company is located in Seattle, WA. I first used them back in 2009 for front/rear faceplates and a custom logo, today they can do some crazy stuff the sky is the limit really.

You can download their FREE CAD software for designing panels and logos and both pricing and ordering is built in. While their software is capable, but can be greatly extended with other tools like industrial CAD software and Adobe products. You can import DFX files from other CAD software for example with contours. I use Adobe products mostly for fancy fonts and script. More recently they now offer Digital UV Printing so you can import graphics in PDF, JPG, PNG, BMP, and TIFF formats, photos even. Pricing and ordering is built right to their CAD software so getting a price quote is instantaneous and ordering pretty simple. There are no minimums so you can order one offs. Besides anodized and powder coated aluminum they can machine most all non ferrous metals and many plastics, or customer supplied materials.

Here is a rear amp head back panel I ordered the other day. I used my more industrial CAD software to draw the contours (all those inside/outside corners are rounded) mostly because their CAD software could not do the contour at the bottom, the opening for the rear amp controls. I import my CAD drawing into their software then added the screw holes and that big oval vent. This panel is large, 25 inches x 9 inches. Its black anodized aluminum. Its .118 inch thick that's nearly 1/8 inch that's THICK. The price was $97 which for an armor plated back panel this thick that's not a bad price.

Not the best photo but take a look at this logo, that's not silk screened that's CNC machined into the thick aluminum plate then color filled, another service they offer. That's never going to wear or scratch off. That chassis front panel behind it is also CNC machined and color filled.