New Celestion G15-100

Discussion of Speakers, Cabinets and Cabinet Building

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

andresound

New Celestion G15-100

Post by andresound »

Just a heads up.. being using the Celestion G15-100 FULLBACK 15” speaker in my vintage EPIPHONE combo, while I wait for the recone kit for the original Jensen 15PN. GREAT speaker!!!! Supposed to be a Creamback type sound in 15” form.
If it sounds good, it is good! Trust your ears
stelligan

Re: New Celestion G15-100

Post by stelligan »

Interesting. I have a tweed Pro type build that doesn't have a cab yet. May have to check one out!
andresound

Post by andresound »

Very efficient and big sounding. I also have a EVM15L and the Celestion is better in my opinion. Good luck
Travis_HY

Post by Travis_HY »

I have one of these and I need to get it in a decent cabinet. It's a wonderful speaker in all arrangements I have heard it in: clean Fenders and gritty Marshalls get along with it nicely. You can get you Paul Kossoff on and your Stevie Ray Vaughan-a-be on with this speaker no problem. I sold off almost all of my speakers but this one stays.

Anyone know of a decent single speaker cabinet to mate it with? It's hard to find a decent 1 x 15" cabinet for guitar. Mojo makes one and I think V-Boutique makes one as well. Part of me wants really to hear what this speaker would sound like in a Fender Tonering cabinet.
"Genius manifests itself. You got a hammer. You either build a Cathedral or you build a shithouse." - Carl Schroeder
andresound

Post by andresound »

I have it in this cab at the moment. Solid wood construction. Awesome!
Attachments
C05C1F75-A94A-479C-AFD3-7F64DFCEE81F.jpeg
0B961384-910A-4CC4-9049-B983EB28B21D.jpeg
Phazor

Post by Phazor »

Ordered one for my Vibroverb. My JBL 130 went out and needs reconed. I decide to try one of these Fatbacks. I hope its a little more reminiscent of my H30’s in a 15”. Should be here on 7/10/. Tuesday. It will need broken in but looking forward to trying one. I expected them to go for more $. Antique had a sale and I think it was like $114.00. Scares me a little but the JBL is so clean and I want a little more cone breakup. We”ll see.
andresound

Post by andresound »

Put my reconed JENSEN P15n back in. First impressions, is I prefer the CELESTION fullback!! I will give it a bit more time to break in... but if things don’t improve, the CELESTION will go back in and the JENSEN will get stored for when and if I sell the EPIPHONE (but I doubt I will ever sell.. Loving this amp).
Phazor

Post by Phazor »

I like the topend. It’s smooth and sweet’ better than the d130 but the low end is limited compared to the d130 stiff cone and large alnico magnet. Overall it’s good but need to play it more. I need to breakin the speaker and see what happens. The weight difference helps with carrying the amp.

I had a 15in adapter ring to 12in and had been using an EVM 12. That speaker was to bright for me like the d130 . My H30’s still are the best but their from the 70’s and have broken in years ago with a very familiar sound. Also in an old Vox royal guardsman cabinet. I swear Dumble copyied that cab for his oval back 2 X 12 cabinet. It’s almost a carbon copy and does sound great.